TAT Nerve damage

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Improvolone, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

I was talking about a vertical labret piercing with my aunt, and she kinda freaked out about possible permanent nerve damage. She also went on about how an infection in the mouth can easily lead to heart problems. She works in the medical field, so I try not to dismiss this entirely, but I've never actually heard of permanent nerve damage before, and I'd imagine as long as the infection isn't allowed to set in for years you would be fine.
    Views?

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I've never seen permanent nerve damage resulting from a piercing and I've only heard of it once. I'm not saying it isn't possible but it's not common at all. There has been nerve damage from implants in the backs of hands and biceps but that's an entirely different subject. As for infections, yes it's possible for an infection to cause heart problems but getting an infection in your mouth is quite difficult. You would have to neglect any and all oral hygeine. Even regular flushing of your mouth with just water will keep your piercing/wound doing well.

My views on people in the medical field discussing piercings are kind of biased though because from what I've seen most of them really have no idea what they're talking about. I've seen a doctor diagnose a fresh piercing as being a heavily infected one. :dunno:

3. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

I had a vertical labret and when I decided to take it out later, it was because I thought the look didnt suit me anymore, not because of any problems. Besides a little dot scar under my lip and a small thickening of scar tissue in the middle of my bottom lip, there was no change to my body at all for having had it.