Nero killing my CD's

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by JordanClarkson, Dec 28, 2003.

1. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

So far I've been able to burn 6 CDs and kill 6 others. I've used Memorex 48x, Imation 52x, and TDK 16x. I just bought the Memorex ones. TDK seems to work the best. The error's always the same. It takes 3 hours to make a movie, writes the lead in, and then pops my CD out. According to the log, it fails to write at 8x. After it ejects the CD, it is no longer usable. I've tried reburning with other programs, and it won't work with the CD. What I have to do is just keep popping in new CD's until it works. Anyone else have this problem? I haven't tried burning at a lower speed, but Ishouldn't have to burn at 4x when I have a 12x writer. I have underrun buffer on and also determine max write speed. And I'm not overburning.

2. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

try turning off determine max write speed... and jump up the buffer size in properties.

if that doesnt work, your burners probably focked

3. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

What burner? Make and model?

Make sure DMA is turned on for the burner in the Device Manager.

3 hours for a movie? Using CDRs right? This isn't DVD burning is it?
    It shouldn't take 3 hours to burn 700megs even at 4x. That is unless your having Nero convert the files to S/VCD compliant.

4. xxaznvtecxx

xxaznvtecxx New Member

i had this problem...it was because of my buffer, i tried to burn at 40x when the buffer could only keep up with a 12x speed...

5. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

I had a similar problem on my old 4x4x24 burner towards the end of its life... I think it was just the burner's signal to me that it was dying.

6. fob

fob Member

Try upgrading your version of Nero or try flashing your cd-rw with new firmware. Sometimes those options will add support for new media.