Nero Burning question...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TwIzTiD BaLLeR 23, Feb 6, 2006.

1. TwIzTiD BaLLeR 23

TwIzTiD BaLLeR 23 I'm not great at farewells, so uh... that'll do, p

Ok so I just got a new computer and I am trying to put a copy (its and old version) of nero onto it. Well all is fine until I actually try to burn a cd. It gets to the point where I click burn cd then all it has me do is save an image file then the computer acts like its burning something but absolutely nothing is done to the disc. Could this just be because the older version is not compatible with XP? If not can someone give me a hand here :hs:

2. skelm

skelm New Member

Sounds to me like Nero isn't picking up your burner correctly. Can you burn ok in any other software? Has windows installed this burner as a cd-rom?

Also check the destination for the files. At the moment nero is creating an ISO file instead of burning to the disk.

3. TwIzTiD BaLLeR 23

TwIzTiD BaLLeR 23 I'm not great at farewells, so uh... that'll do, p

Its the same burner that came with the pc. Where do I check the destination for the files and which files exactly? The ones I'm trying to burn? those are all accurate. I haven't tried burning it any other software only thing I've ever used to burn is Nero and I like it so I don't bother with anything else.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Get rid of Nero. Windows XP can burn CDs and DVDs without any extra software.