COMIC Neon Genises : AKA PIECE OF SHIT / spoilers

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by kitsune, Jun 2, 2004.

1. kitsune

kitsune Guest

Yo

i watched the entire series on dvd, it started good, in the middle got pretty good and was really really interesting, then all of the sudden it turned to shit.....the last episode that ended the series were freekin pointless and added NOTHING WHAT SO EVER to the series

anyone else think they couldev put more effort into the way they ended this series??...

i think they couldev made it last as long as naruto and dbz if they kept the same concept, but noooo...they wanted to kill everyone on earth, wow...great ending.

2. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

Have you watched the movie, End of Evangelion, yet? If not, check that it. One of the big reasons it was produced was for people who didn't care for the ending of the series.

3. kitsune

kitsune Guest

Yo

ive seen the movie to, it sucked man......im so pissed of because they couldev made it a really really good series, it could have went on for a very long time.

4. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

Sometimes it's a good thing when they end a series early. I don't think Cowboy Bebop would've been as good if it was longer, or FLCL, Hellsing, A lot of times when a series get longer it looses it's goodnes, take a look at Kenshin very good in the begining and middle and then toward the end it lost itself.

The creator of the series made Eva to get some of his personal troubles worked out and when he did, he stopped it. You can't blame him for wanting to stop, would you want someone to stay in their own problems for ever just so you could watch a show?

If you can't look at eva for the stuff that is there, the great visuals, character interaction, deep possibly over deep story. You're missing a lot. If you still don't like it that's upto you but saying it sucked is a little harsh.

5. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

yeah i was pretty pissed when i saw the last two ep (before the movies were made)

6. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

i was more like wtf is going on :confused: than mad...the :greddy: thing creeped me out tho :ugh:

but really, how to end it? shinji found an answer for himself

if not, then what? alien invasion...huge ass war on earth, eva's saves the world, everyone happy and shinji gets the girl, the end

7. kitsune

kitsune Guest

Yo

better would have been if more aliens kept invading that place and then they got more of the evas wo whoop there ass

8. Tikiman

Tikiman The Internet has left me in despair.

If you are looking for a series that has big robots killing aliens and saving the world, you are looking in the wrong place. The story of Eva is waaay more deep then that. It is the Giant Robot series for people who hate Giant Robot series.

P.S. The Angels are not aliens.

9. Homan

Homan Unconquerable OT Supporter

thats onlyb ecause they didn't follow the manga

10. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

kitsune,

you sound like a DBZ fan

warm regards,
    Tin

11. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

Sorry a little off topic. I though that was because it was a situation like Berserk. "We've gotten to the same place we were in the manga what do we do for next week?" But instead of stopping it like Berserk they kept going and just started to make up stuff.

12. kitsune

kitsune Guest

Yo

Yes i like dbz, its the only anime series i watched in english, simply because it was the only series were the japanese voices were HOPELESS, anyways.

it would be cool if they re-made the neon genisis series and made it like what happened before the series and stuff, what you guys think?

13. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

just something i noticed, number of times "Genesis" is spelled correctly, 0

14. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power Guest

I've always disliked the series mainly because of its blasphemous use of judeo-christian themes and symbols.

15. kitsune

kitsune Guest

Yo

yes, we dunno how to spell lol. I cant stand religion and god symbols and all that stuff, but i didnt pay atention to any of that in the series.

same like chrno crusade, that can get really anoying if u pay atention to all the god stuff but i dont and i actually really love that series.

16. Homan

Homan Unconquerable OT Supporter

yeah basically, the manga wasn't done yet so they had to make it up.

17. Soace Munky

Soace Munky New Member

just finished watching the entire series. for those with short attention spans, Death and Rebirth covers the broad spectrum of things, but the series go much, much further into details.
    the :greddy: shit kinda creeped me out too, but i guess it all made sence...:dunno:
    excellent work of neo-psychedelic science fiction! loved every moment of it.
    Im still confused on certain points though...like, for example, what happened to the embryo that professor recovered, that was supposed to be Adam?

18. Sarcophagi

Sarcophagi Guest

The people that make these animes in japan try to make their cartoon way too deep sometimes, they try to give it some huge underlying meaning or something. A lot of japanese movies are the same way too, I think sometimes they need to stick with a simple theme rather then trying to explain the meaning of life.

19. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

different levels, the artist want to do different things, u have your DBZ and u have your EVA

20. Soace Munky

Soace Munky New Member

i could file that under "typical american comment"
    i, on the other hand, think that american standarts are too simple.

speaking of meaning of life...i just got done watching the end of evangelion. that shit's :eek3:. its even crazier that death and rebirth

21. FuZoR

FuZoR Refugeez

I thought it was awesome!!! well except the last two episodes...

When i first saw it back in 98? I thought it was gonna be a nice mecha action anime... wow was i wrong but i stuck with it and enjoyed the rest of the series :p

22. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

:werd: i think its better to have a theme instead of just good > evil all the time

but its not always trying to go big and deep philosophical and shiet, as i said different artists want to do differnt things, like in inuyasha from what ive seen is not "big and philosophical"

23. Soace Munky

Soace Munky New Member

both kinds of animation have their strong points and weakneses. its just what you happen to like...

24. kitsune

kitsune Guest

i cbf reading all that but, either way, they fucked up the series and they lick teh balls because of that

25. glass

glass New Member

speaking of "big and philosophical";

what was the theme to eva? i watched 3/4 of the series and vaguely remember the events, but while i was watching it didn't seem deep at all. i remember being pretty broed watching it, even by the mecha battles.

i could see depth in FLCL, but that was probably coz the insane comedy provided such a sharp contrast. it was probably simpler than Eva given the length tho.

also, are the themes of a religious nature?

(a link to a comprehensive site would be fine too.)