SRS Neighbor is getting a beating

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Grimreefer, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Grimreefer

Grimreefer Life Sucks ... and then you Die

Hope someone can give me some advice, not so long ago some people bought the house next to mine. Yesterday I got some mail that belonged to them and I decided to go over and introduce myself since they still didn’t make any effort. Anyway the wife opened the door and she had a nasty shiner on her right eye. I asked what happened she said “she fell” ... I know she is lying the husband came to the door took the mail told me to " F*** OFF " and slammed the door on my face. I think I should do something about this but I really don't have "proof" should I call the cops? I don’t want to think that she's getting hit while I do nothing …. is this any of my business?

2. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

this is a tough situation..... i'd keep my ears open for any further 'incidents' and then maybe call the cops then? Hard to do anything unless you actually witness or hear screams.

3. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

unfortunately in a situation like this, your calling the cops is only liable to get her another beating. Until she's willing/able to press charges/leave, there's not much you can do, other than call the cops while a fight is going on...

perhaps, if it's possible, talk to her while her husband's away at work and try to get her to agree to press charges?

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I would call the cops, because even if he would give her a beating afterwards, he is also hurting someone and getting away with it , if you don't. Just call the cops tell she is getting abused, when they come to their door the husband and she have at least got some explaning to do. So that's a first thing you should do if you ask me.

I wouldn't leave it like there, since you know (gut feeling)there is something going on, you have to act.

5. Grimreefer

yea i thought if i called the cops she might get another beating ... but i guess take a day off and see if i can catch her while she's home alone. If it means missing a day of work to help this lady it's worth it she was all swollen, i've never seen something like that.

6. Grimreefer

You know what your right i can't stop thinking about this , it's eating me up ... im going to call the cops if im worng oh well but atleast i did something , i can't fall asleep , i keep picturing him hitting her. I'll keep you guys informed thanks for the advice !!

7. bottomline

bottomline Guest

Wow, I hate getting involved in other people's shit but this guy sounds like a complete asshole. I would call the cops just to put him away.

Do they have kids?

8. johan

johan Active Member

Calling the cops will probably result in another beating.

But you should still call anyways, because if you do nothing, she'll still get another beating, just some other time, over some other trivial issue.

Only this way the cops will have this on record, and the ball will be rolling on this. Watch out for reprisals directed against yourself.

9. teo

teo . => ? => !

If you're a guy, don't go around when the husband's not home. You know you won't do anything, but by the sounds of things he's not the brightest crayon in the box. Right now you're just some random guy, but you might endanger her by 'butting in' like that, especially since you can't be there 24/7 to protect her.

I'd call the cops and explain exactly what you've seen. Someone posted earlier saying that the can't do much without her effort and that's true, but at least it will be on file - a bad history from several impartial sources will get him arrested quicker than no history at all. Keep your own notes on the situation (details like date, time, observations, interactions...) in case you need to provide evidence at some point.

10. infinite loop

infinite loop Statistically speaking, the Yankees do indeed suck

keep your ears open, but DO NOT GET INVOLVED! the last thing a civilian needs to do is get involved in a domestic dispute.

also, if you call the cops, make sure you're ready for possible repercussions.

11. Grimreefer

For anyone checking up on this , i couldn't take it any longer last night i called the cops, the guy apparently had a history of abuse .... i'll post when i hear anything else.

12. Grimreefer

The cops took him away. I haven't tried to go over and make contact with the wife because i want to play stupid and pretend i didn't have anything to do with the cops.

13. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Good call. Help...but watch your own back while you do.

14. johan

johan Active Member

Stay away from the wife. She's fine.
    And he'll be back in a few days.

You've done what you needed to do. There's no need to contact the wife. (for now).
    You'll just get embroiled in their shit if you do.

15. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

Google had over 2,700.000 hits on "wife beating".
    http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=wife+beating&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    The most logical solution whould be to throw a blanket over him, then you and some friends would royally kick his ass. Then pin a note on the bastard stating that he would receive a similar ass whipping if he continues to beat his wife. The down side to this is that he might die during the beating, then you and your friends would do 10-20 for manslaughter. So don't do that, but do research the issue.

http://www.hkmenshealth.com/eng/relationship/wife.asp

16. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

damn... that sucks... it's really a double-edged sword. :( man... domestic violence is awful. let's hope that she decides to help herself by removing herself from the situation. :sad2:

17. Bleed

Bleed New Member

this is extremely smart and i suggest you don't make contact with them at all for a few months

18. teo

teo . => ? => !

The tragedy is that most victims in that situation don't know life can be any other way. They don't have the motivation or self-confidence to leave.

19. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:sad2: i know... one of my favorite channels is lifetime which is geared towards women. :o... they recently had a documentary on there about domestic violence... very sad :wtc: :(

20. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

Report it to the police and DA's office.

21. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

:x:

Well done , you did the right thing. :wavey:

22. AO

AO New Member

I would have taken my kids and wife out of the house, taken them to a restaurant around the corner and called the cops from there. An hour later, after coming home, I would act like nothing happened.