TAT Negative Film Strip Tattoo

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Think Different, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Think Different

Think Different New Member

Hey. I have no tattoos right now, but about two years ago I finally thought of something I'd want forever. And that is a film strip around my upper arm. I am a pretty skinny guy, so I was a bit hesitant about getting an armband tattoo, but you know what? Fuck um' it's my body and If I want one I should get it right?

Anyway... As I said I have been thinking about it for almost two years now, and well... I can't pick if I want images in the negatives or not. I can't think of a good way to do it, and I dunno what I would wanna put in there. But that leaves me to do I just want a black ring around my arm with sprocket holes? No. So somehow I have to make pictures in it. Maybe I'll just have like a shaded area but not put anything in it.

I am not super creative though, so I bet you could think of something better.

Any ideas?

(PS: I am a photographer, and photography is a huge part of my life so if that's why you were wondering why I would even want something like this.. there you go)

2. ERabbit

ERabbit OT Supporter

if i were getting a tattoo with the ideas you've been throwing around, i would incorporate images inside of the film strip that meant something to me, but judging on space that could prove to be difficult, and if you want it realistic (i.e portraitish, you better have a good artist) you should really go to a good shop in your area and talk with someone about the idea and see what they come up with

3. Think Different

My friend is a pro, and he offered to do the tattoo for me. He works in a shop. His myspace is:
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=109030266

I might go to another place called Love Hate, they are like the best in ROC.

A lot of little thing's I've always really wanted as tattoos but they are kinda silly to everyone else include:

Apple Logo (Mac computers)
    Think Different (quote)
    The Trifoce from Zelda
    Green Day Logo
    Power Rangers Logo from MMPR

Lot of stupid stuff like that, that really means a lot to my childhood/past/present.

I have thought about putting that in each of the slots. But I didn't wanna be made fun of.

4. Insert

Insert Active Member

im 100% certain that you are not ready for a tat.

besides the fact that you want a fucking apple logo, dude come on....

5. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Milllions of people have Apple logos. :squint:

I agree that you're not ready though. If you're worried about being made fun of then don't get tattooed at all.

6. Think Different

I am almost 100% sure that I really want the filmstrip. I have been wanting it for two years now. But I don't know if I'd want to put anything inside, hence the hesitation.

So there you go.

I really am ready, I've been ready for a while. I was just listing stuff that I thought about half ass in the past when I was like 17.

7. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

If photography is so big a part in your life, why dont you choose some of your favorite photographs and have them put in there. Miniaturized of course and simplified, but still a representation of your best/favorite works.

8. vitamin dew

vitamin dew New Member

get the film strip like wrapping around your arm in a spiral from top to bottom, add the logos at a later time, and in the mean time, you could work on filling the unfinished space on your arm with favorite movie scenes, or scenes in general :dunno:

9. Think Different

I want it to be like barbwire tatts... so I can wear a t-shirt and cover it.

It's not that I am ashamed of the tattoo. I just know later in life if I become a teacher like I plan. I am going to want it to be covered up in that event.

But good idea, I could leave it shaded, and then fill in later.

10. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

You could do 3/4 sleeve, let it spiral down from your shoulder area. Thats hidable. I dont think you should add images at all. Tattooing details into such a small space will likely not turn out well and its an artists nightmare to try. Doing abstract stuff in it to represent images would be alright..but not specific images.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008
  11. Memor

Memor Active Member

Agreed - who gives a fuck if any amount of other people have what you want to get - it's about your ability to back it up and stand tall on the decision. Take your time with the choice...when you have the right idea you'll know it

12. MissChristine

MissChristine New Member

That's what I was thinking - fill in the photos as time goes on.

13. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

wait where are you from i live in rochester and i know tons of people who got stuff done at love hate they rock

14. Formula-95

Formula-95 2:32 PM 5-13-09 Never Forget, Hamburglar OT Supporter

go through your old pictures, family photos. pictures from your childhood. anything that reminds you of a great time. any of them that make you smile, put them in there.

15. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Srsly..unless you do a huge tattoo, the images are just going to blow together.