Needing to reset my router every 2 weeks or so

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Biomechanoid, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

I have a LinkSys NR041 Router (4 ports). about every 2 weeks or so it will appear as if my internet ISP is down (I have roadrunner so it's not that), but by reseting my router, everything returns to normal. any idea why? my current setup has 3 computers networked to the router (all running XP, all experience this problem at the same time). It's more of an annoyance than anything else.

2. sleepy71

sleepy71 Guest

Have you done a firmware update on your router? Check the Linksys website for details to see if one is available.

I had a similar issue with my Linksys BEFSR41 router doing this. But, I had already updated the firmware. It stopped doing this once my wife's cousin took her computer off my network. I have no idea what was causing it, but it doesn't do it anymore. That doesn't help you, but I feel your pain.

3. 01000101

01000101 New Member

my first linksys, a wireless b, got stuck in diag mode. cool shit. had to replace it.

my current linksys, a wireless g, has been fucking with me too. randomly, itll stop allowing http traffic. no websites, no msn messenger, but everything else is still fine. and it doesnt like playing over wireless with my desktop or my laptop, but its all buddy buddy with my pda. something about how xp plays i think, coz xp cant see the ap, but netstumbler can.

yay for windows.

4. sunnyside

sunnyside Guest

it may be an ip issue....roadrunner leases ips for a certain number of days...IN MOST CASES, this ip is directly related to the mac address of ur router box, so ppl cant use hubs or switches but must install a router (more money for installation and tech support) ur router is probably not able to update this information on the fly, which it should be able to...firmware should fix it...

5. Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid New Member

I just updated the firmware, hopefully this fixes it. we'll know if I post again about this in about two weeks :mamoru: