SRS Needing to get back on track...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrharvard, Jun 13, 2007.

1. mrharvard

mrharvard New Member

Hi,

I'm feeling depressed and stressed out. I'm working full time 40+ hours a week, go to classes at nighttrying to finish two degrees at College, and trying to get into Medical School. I lost both my mother, father, and grandfather a few yrs back(2 yrs.) and things are just challenging for me. Grandit, I do have many blessings to be thankful for. I'm not rich or anything I have an okay paying job. I'm just stressed and wonder if I'm worth anything anymore. My friends have stopped calling me and I just want to scream. I'm in a dead end office job which I am in charge of a dept but the CEO is a money-hungry bastard. He screws the customers and I can't change a damn thing about it.

I feel so alone and I'm a nice person... it's just I don't know where I fit in anymore. I try to put on this attitude of, "I can handle anything", but I just can't keep myself together. My brothers think I'm so smart and capable but I'm no different than the trash truck guy. I grew up in foster homes and was abused and I just need to find myself again. I want to save lives and help people and it's the only way I feel good.

The girls I've tried to go out with end up just being friends, although they like the kindness I offer to them. I jsut don't know what it is. I have all these blessings and I know I have them but like... I feel empty and so alone. I just wish someone loved me. I guess I should go to a therapist but... I don't have time between classes, work, and studying. Argh, I just wish things were different. Any take on this situation would gladly be appreciated.

2. mrharvard

mrharvard New Member

Thanks, I really appreciate your advice. I'm trying to figure out where I can get some free time to relax. I'm the type to push myself hard. I don't know, just the way I grew up.

3. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

Like "Viper" said try to lighten up on your school load. Probably nto work so much.

You have tof igure with more classes comes more homework and more time to study. Drop a class or two next semester and try to have sometime for yourself. Things will work much better for you in the long run.