SRS Needed to vent, sry OT

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ruckutopa9, Sep 18, 2007.

1. ruckutopa9

ruckutopa9 New Member

So I met this girl in one of my college classes, @ the time we were just friends because she had a bf, a couple of months later she broke up with him, but I did the "nice guy" thing where I was thinking of her and said she didn't need a bf cause she had a lot going on with school/work, she didn't need that extra stress-level but I was always there for her if she needed me to be. So she had just come back from vacation over the summer and I visited her and we had meaningful talks, hugs here and there, and physical touching. Now heres the shietty part she got with her bf a month before they both left for the summer, i personally think he was selfish and got with her because he knew she would end up meeting a guy, even his brother told him to get with her after he comes back so that she could do her thing and he could do his, yet he didn't listen. I don't like him because he doesn't treat her how she deserves to be treated, makes her have stress/drama/cries, she told me that it would end up going nowwhere because he would move back to his country after graduation (1 yr) and she wouldn't go there.. I know I would be the perfect guy for her but my "nice guy" and religious upbringing rear their ugly heads and prevent me from doing anything. When I talked to girls about this (to get a womans perspective) they have told me that it just seems like she wants to keep me on the side, friends have told me to just forget about this girl cause I'm doing good financially/and academically. Currently I just opted to "throw myself on the train tracks" and be the bigger man, I sent her an email telling her to just forget about me and act like she never met me, its better I just walk away because she wouldn't have my feelings to deal with since schools about to start,she can call me an ass or a jerk because I just cut her off "cold turkey" and I'm fine with that if it'll save her stress, hence "nice guy" crap again. *sigh* I hate being the nice guy, THNX for letting me vent OT...:sadwavey:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You define "the friend." Long meaningful talks, "being there for her" while she has a bf and bf problems, etc. When are men going to wise up and realize that yes, women do appreciate a nice guy, but to get their attention and impress them most women don't want the sexless platonic friend to have sex with. They want the mysterious guy who has a life of his own and makes them work for their attention.

Sending her that e-mail was also a bad idea. The smart thing for you to have done would've been to ignore her. She would have immediately recognized that you weren't by her side to listen to her bullshit and would've been upset and possibly realized that she needs you. However, honestly it sounds like you just burned any chance of actually being with her a long time ago by playing the nice guy card from the start. Oh well, learn from this and don't befriend girls you are attracted to. Make your intentions known from the get-go and once you are dating then you can become friends.

3. ruckutopa9

ruckutopa9 New Member

Yeah I know it was a bad idea but the "nice guy" in me couldn't just up and leave (did I mention how much I hate being the nice guy heh), it was just an appeal of a change for me because all my previous GF situations were that we met and we started dating and then I saw my best friends relationship where he was the nice guy friend and ended up getting with her and its been a long and meaningful relationship, so I just wanted to try it and it sucked arse heh

4. Cakayaka

Cakayaka New Member

girls like cuddle bitches man, its so they dont feel alone when they get out of a relationship or they need comforting. dont be that guy, if you sense that u are becoming that guy, immediately become more detached and make urself unavailable

5. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

:h5:

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

but if you do end up physically cuddling with her, go for the boobs.

7. ruckutopa9

ruckutopa9 New Member

hmm, and on top of this, I just lost my job, what a great frikkin week *sigh*