Need weight loss help

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by THT, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

I'm two months shy of 26, 5'11" and weigh 208lbs (as of this morning) with a body fat percentage of 24.4%. My sugar and cholesterol levels are good as is my blood pressure. I take this to mean that I'm "mostly" healthy. However, I would like to be at 180lbs with a body fat percentage of about 11% by Christmas.

To this end, I put together a balanced, 2,000 calorie/day diet with the aid/guidance of a nutritionist. I eat every two hours or so and I'm never hungry with the exception of at night. To keep my hunger at bay, I drink water but I'm finding I need something more than that (any help would be appreciated as I don't like going to sleep hungry). My unnecessary consumption is barely anything at a 12oz Sugar Free Red Bull and a 12oz Diet Coke every day.

In the morning, I exercise for 20-30 minutes. MWF I lift weights to tone my upper body. TTh, I run at a 6mph pace and I am working toward getting it to 8.5mph.

Since starting this, I have lost 1.2lbs per day which I know is not sustainable. What else should I be looking at to help lose weight?

2. Plan B

Plan B New Member

1. ban
    2. read the stickies
    3. it's not going to happen, good day.

3. Mippity

Mippity New Member

I would worry more about your bf than your weight. Also, you're fine drinking a diet soda and sugar free red bull. Personally, I sometimes need the caffiene to get a decent workout in.

4. Plan B

Plan B New Member

:werd:

I rely on sugarfree energy drinks for caffeine. As long as you're getting your water intake to par, the sugarfree drinks are fine.

5. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Looks like you have a good plan. Drink green tea and take some hoodia to curb your hunger. Your goal is unrealistic though. You can drop 5-8% by Christmas at most. Also, check out anafit's sesapure and glucorrel, they will help tremendously!!

6. ulter

ulter AFBoard owner

You might want to check in at the AF Board's Diet forum to have someone help write you a diet and get on the right supps to speed things up for you.
    Glucorell/Sesapure is a perfect start, as Ray posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.