Need Urgent Help - Concerning Networking/Program

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Origyns973, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Origyns973

Origyns973 New Member

Alright so I have a network running through in my office, and I would like to know how I can block the use of a program. One single program thats installed on another computer as well as mine however its not supposed to be used and it is constantly being used and costing me money. Anyway to be able to block it through the network so only my computer can access it. Any help very appreciated.

2. Keyzs

Keyzs OT Supporter

Its easy, if it YOUR (meaning your the boss) office then fire the person who is wasting the time. Or use some other type of persuasion to convince your employees to do their job.

Assuming you mean blocking access to the internet? Unless you have some type of Proxy or Firewall your not going to be able to prevent access on the network side. You will have better luck (again if this is your office) changing the settings on the PC to prevent the program from being run or installed.

3. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Need more details. What type of network, Win2K? 2K3? Just a peer-to-peer network? If you are using NT or 2K,2k3, then you can implement desktop and application policies. If its peer-to-peer, then you don't have application restriction abilities really.. If we're talking network use, then block access to the ports through the firewall, router, or through IIS, ISA, or whatever you're using.

Otherwise, use your management skills and write the person up/fire/warning/, etc.