SRS need to vent

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hopeleslylonely, May 30, 2006.

1. hopeleslylonely

hopeleslylonely Moo

So a mentor of mine died over the weekend, my high school principal. I knew him and his family outside of school as well as in. Even after graduation I still talked to him on a regular basis. The man had an amazing heart. He treated every student/faculty/ anyone he came in contact with as part of his extended family. He treated everyone with the utmost respect. He would do anything he could to help anyone. Even if he was busy doing a million things and you came up to him and asked if he had a second, he'd put everything on hold, pull you into his office and listen to what you had to say. He was at every school event. Didn't matter if it was a drama match 3 hours away, he was there. He was an incredible family man.

On friday night he handed out diplomas at graduation, gave his speech to the class, then when it was over he headed to north carolina to visit his family. He was celebrating his retirement which he was planning on announcing this week. Saturday morning he was on his way to the nascar race, he entered the speedway, and suffered a massive heart attack. He was gone before paramedics could even arrive to help. I'm just taking his loss very hard and needed to get it out. :wtc:

2. Kreigore

Kreigore New Member

That's horrible. I'm sorry to hear about the loss. In typical 'cliche' fashion, you can always remember those times your principal was there for you and others. He sounds like he was a great person and will surely be missed, but not forgotten.

3. hopeleslylonely

hopeleslylonely Moo

his office window overlooked the main entrance and there is already a huge memorial made by the community with cards, flowers, etc all around his office window outside teh building.

4. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

:hug: I am really sorry for your loss, Hopeless.

5. hopeleslylonely

hopeleslylonely Moo

Thank you :hs:

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Keep your hope up high, and celebrate the good that your mentor has brought on this earth. Imagine if you died, would you love to see your loved ones crying,grieving and getting depressed for years to come because of that you died? Of course not, you would want them to be happy and live their lives to the fullest knowing there is life after OT, so live your life in happyness for the sake of your mentor instead of dying for him.