A&P Need to get my name out there

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by peoplescar, Mar 9, 2007.

1. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

I would like to make a website but i don't know the first thing about web design. Anyone know a good "web design for dummies" style book?

I need to start getting my name out there because i realize now that i want to pursue photography seriously.

So i guess my real question is: What did you pro photographers do in order to be known and start getting work?

2. DigitalOnez

DigitalOnez FUCK ALL *********S!

I would say get some business cards and get out and start shooting

3. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

I shoot all the time and have good stuff i just want to know what the process of making it a business is. whats the first step. create a portfolio? create a website with my potfolio?

i would love to do that i just don't know how to make a web page.

4. BeachBoy

BeachBoy New Member

use lightroom

there is a lightroom gallery: www.pierluc.com (don't mind the initial gallery list page, he hasn't created it yet). it takes a big 20 seconds to create the site once you have a domain/host.

but seriously, I'd get my pictures level way higher before considering selling the work.

5. mojito

mojito New Member

just start to learn golive

6. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

i am by no means pro but the first people who started to recognize my work and pay me for it were my friends parents. i would take a picture and show them and their mom would be like wow that is awesome! thus they would pay me to take pictures of their daughters 16th birthday party and it grew from there.

it takes awhile, don't rush it m8

7. julia!

julia! New Member

iawtc. I am also new and at about the same point that you are. The first jobs will come from friends. Friends family. Friends friends. etc. Even make a posting on craigslist in your area.

8. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

i don't want to sell my existing work, i want to be hired to do a shoot that way people are getting what they want not me guessing what they may want.

9. austincabot

austincabot New Member

Why not just use wordpress and simpleviewer?