Need to do a Facotry restore on my laptop...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Coach McGuirk, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk OT Supporter

I have a compaq C714NR, I installed 7 to try it but wanted to go back to Vista. And I guess since I put 7 on there it erased all the HP recovery stuff. I had the option to fix my computer but it wouldnt let me do a factory restore. Didnt have regular vista on a CD so i downloaded the quickest one on torrent and got Vista black edition. Well its gay, and now when I hit F11 to goto the Recovery stuff it just loads that OS.

I still have the partition with the factory restore on it, but no way to use it. Any help getting the HP stuff back on there?

2. Homeless

Homeless New Member

There's usually a key you hit during bios that allows you to boot from the recovery partition. You can also set to boot from it manually in bios

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I had this issue on my Dell XPS M1210 when upgrading from XP to Vista. The restore partition is there, but the Vista install modified the MBR not allowing it to boot from the restore partition when I wanted to restore the machine.
    I found some apps online that helped me fix it, but it was made for Dell machines.

I've also read about being able to burn the restore partition to a DVD, but never tried it.

This may not help you being it was a Dell though...

Have you tried looking on google?