Need to Break Up...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by miamiheat13, May 27, 2007.

1. miamiheat13

miamiheat13 New Member

I have been dating my gf for over 6 months now but I just find myself not happy with our relationship anymore. We were never really the same type of people but it worked out in the beginning. Now these differences are becoming apparant and really put us through a lot of stress. My gf is very insecure and is always jealous whenever I talk to one of my best friends who happens to be a girl. We have known each other for well over 10 years and it is strictly an amazing friendship. I have come to a point where I enjoy the company of my friends more than I enjoy her company... While I do love the sex, other parts of the relationship are just not working out. We used to talk for like 4 hours everyday, but as of late it has come to 5 minute conversations 3 times a day... I just can't deal with the lack of affection from her.

The problem is that I just can't find myself to break up with her because she is such a sweet girl. Should I just jump balls in and call her up tomorrow and tell her the bad news? Also what would be the best thing to say so that I don't burn any bridges and end it on a not-so-bad note?

Thanks everyone. :hs:

2. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Do it in person so she knows you mean it even more. Nobody deserves to be in a shitty relationship it's not your fault she isn't adding any value to your life anymore. But it is your job to ensure that you stop letting someone detract value from your life.

Wise up, Man up, and drop the bomb tomorrow in person. Be courteous, leave immediately after and do not pick up your phone allow her to be a apology bitch and get back together.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Meet her somewhere public, get there separately. Tell her things aren't working out anymore. Be polite about it...then leave and ignore her phone calls. And don't let her come over either.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You just gotta do it man. It sucks because I know what you're saying (about things you could say thatr would not ruin a friendship) but you have to understand that unless she's feeling the exact same way you are she's going to be upset for a while and you honestly should both take time apart so that neither of the two of you have any lingering feelings. Do it soon though, the longer you wait the more pointless your relationship becomes.

5. miamiheat13

miamiheat13 New Member

Meeting in public separately is actually a really great idea. That way I don't have to deal with the awkwardness of taking her home afterwards.

Yeah I am going to do it really soon so that it does not get any worse. Most likely tomorrow.

Man this whole situation just sucks though. Having to break up is not an easy thing to do. :(

6. Here come a painful statement, dump her and don't look back. Trust your gut and stop making excuses to keep her around. I did the same thing and I regret it majorly. Now move on. There are plenty more fish in the sea.

Dump her in person in a Public place, NOTE: IF IT'S NOT CLEAR A PUBLIC PLACE.

7. miamiheat13

miamiheat13 New Member

I got the message and will do it but just curious as to why it is so important to be in public? :hs:

8. iwishyouwerebeer

It's more personal and courteous. Also she is less likely to cry and make a scene.

9. PM, I'll give you a list of reasons so long, you'll never ask that again.

fuck it, she can claim you assaulted her, or falsely imprisoned her, or worse raped her and a whole bunch of other lies, because she's pissed. At least in public, you have people to see her claims are full of shit.

10. miamiheat13

miamiheat13 New Member

What the fuck?! She wouldn't do that kind of shit to me... Sounds like you had a psycho ex haha :hs: But noted all the same :mamoru:

11. iwishyouwerebeer

Your psycho ex was one in a million. Not every girl files for a restraining order after a break up. I doubt this kid has that problem.

12. We've been through this, better safe than sorry. :rofl:

13. miamiheat13

miamiheat13 New Member

Gah I am having second thoughts... I kind of feel like I should try to work out these problems but deep down I kind of know that it will not work out in the long run. Maybe I just want to save myself the bigger heartache down the road by ending it now... I just don't know what to do.

Any advice?

14. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Basically, if you do it like at your place or her place, it's a LOT harder to leave.

Whereas if it is public, and you come separately, you do the deed, then leave. She won't be there bugging you not to end it, won't cry on the way of you taking her back home, etc.

It basically allows you to escape from being sucked into drama or making a scene.

15. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

End it.

Tell it to her straight up, then get the hell out of there.

Don't stick around to console her. That's what her mom and her girlfriends are for.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

Honestly, you're just being a pussy and making up excuses because you feel bad about breaking up with her. Which as you know, is dumb as hell. You guys will never work out. There's no point in fixing something that's not going to work out in the end. Just get it over with man.

17. miamiheat13

miamiheat13 New Member

Thanks for the honestly.. I am being a pussy because I don't want to hurt her but I guess its for the best. :hs:

18. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

:werd: It's going to feel somewhat bad no matter what you do. You can stay with her, and be frustrated because you know things wont work out, or you can break up with her (and feel sad and lonely for a bit) but eventually get over it and hopefully find someone better in the long run.

19. miamiheat13

miamiheat13 New Member

:werd: This is what I needed to hear. Thanks for the support guys. :o

20. demosnat

demosnat New Member

You can't be friend with an ex for at least a few months.

21. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

Jesus, if I talked to my gf for 4 hours a day it would have burned out the relationship rather quickly :o

Do what others have said. seems like sensible advice.

22. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

You have to have a meaningful relationship before it's worth 'working things out,' it sounds like you 2 never liked each other and the sex is getting boring. End it.

23. miamiheat13

miamiheat13 New Member

Yeah that is one thing I have learned from this relationship.

I broke up with her yesterday... It was hard but I just walked away and have ignored her. :( I feel bad but it had to be done.

24. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Good man. Her problems should no longer affect you. Everyone in the world gets a shit taken on their heart every once in awhile. You can't cater to every single one every time.

Enjoy single life go get :naughty: now.

25. HyPE

HyPE ::OTTC Crew #2839::

im in a similar situation with my gf of 8 months. ill have to do the same thing as you soon....