Need sunglasses.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Hoodoo, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Well-Known Member

I'm going to be working near our pool at work now, and i need some new sunglasses. I want something sort of sporty, non-expensive, reliable.

I've been looking alot at smith sunglasses, and Oakley's don't really do it for me. Ideas and pics wanted kthx.

2. w00tpoint

w00tpoint New Member

Oakleys = great lenses, but overpriced and ugly as hell.

Smiths are my favorite. I had a pair of... toasters, I think they were called. Great glasses, with swappable lenses and everything. Very light and comfortable, and the lenses changed easily but still felt very sturdy.

Also, ray-bans make some that are $80+/- that are great, thats what I have now. Just shop around and see what you like. Definitely go for something quality if you are going to be wearing them at work, and comfort/weight is going to be important, so don't buy online unless you have tried the glasses on somewhere in a store, and its risky then, too.

Good luck, and if you can find a pair of the smiths you really like, i highly suggest you go with those.

3. Oakley's

Whatever you get make sure the lenses are scratch resistant. You'll need that when you keep dropping them on the concrete.

4. w00tpoint

w00tpoint New Member

Oakleys=teh suck. So overpriced and why teh hell can they not make a pair that don't look like astronaut equipment.

5. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

I like my Oakleys. :dunno:

It's all a matter of opinion.

This is like asking someone to recommend a pair of jeans or a pair of shoes.

6. w00tpoint

w00tpoint New Member

true, true. I don't like my sunglasses to by brightly colored, or flashy. But there is not doubt that you can get the same quality for a lot cheaper, thats for sure.

7. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

:greddy: @ sunglasses
    wear a straw hat

8. johan

johan Active Member

I used to think Oakleys were ridiculous trendwear. Never bothered with em.

However I tried on a pair of titanium A wires and was astounded by the optical clarity. Really good.

But of course other sunglasses are optically good too, but what clinched it was the super lightweight of the titanium frames and this is honestly the first pair of sunglasses that has fit me perfectly -- absolutely perfectly.

But I also know an Oakley reseller who gave me a huge break on em. Regular price of I think $400 Cdn is too high, so for regular buyers the value isn't quite as good.