MIL Need suggstions as to what I should do V Going to basic

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tubachris85x, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

So I've lost the necessasary weight to enlist (still got a ways to go, currently at 27%) but here's the deal. I'm having to finish up my AA at the local community college over this summer, and then want to transfer over to FSU. Sounds simple, but here's the problem. I am an Army ROTC cadet with FSU at the moment, but I won't be able to contract with them in time.

I'm doing the SMP with the National Guard unit up here, but the issue is that I have to decide wether I should go to basic in August, but don't know if I'll get back in time for Spring semester at FSU...the other option is transfer for Fall session and then go to basic in January of next year....

So that's my dilema, I can't decide what I should do. On top of that, I can't even really decide what MOS I want...I may have to do infantry just because I would have to drive no less then an hour or two for weekend drills, whereas the NG unit here is 11 Bravo. I guess my MOS in the NG wouldn't really matter if I'm going to contract with ROTC after it all.

My MOS choices are Cav scout, Combat Engineer, Infantry and 13 Foxtrot. From what I've been told, the AIT's for them all are abou the same and differentiate by a week or so.

Already getting the paper work finished to go to meps, so thats all I gotta really figure out, when to go to basic/AIT, and my MOS

Thanks

2. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Your post read like a "no gym for home" thread. :mamoru:

My suggestion is to figure out how long your AIT will be for whatever MOS you pick. Then plot it out on a calendar and see where it leaves you with college options. Make sure to add in at least two to three weeks to account for murphy's law.

4. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

??? to bolded

Anyways, I've pretty much decided what I'm going to do...Just go to basic in fall and see where I am when I get back. I may just have to transfer the fall after, cause it's been said that FSU is getting rid of summer session next year..

As for my MOS, I've chosen to go 19Delta. Just gotta go to MEPs and I'm in :wiggle:

5. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Good choice. :bigthumb:

no gym for home is a legendary thread on OT: http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1340029

edit: I just read the gym thread again and laughed my ass off. That right there is some classic gold! :bowrofl:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  6. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

I see..well, I'm glad my grammer is no where near as bad as his is..

7. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

are you going to basic because you want to, or because some sorry ass recruiter told you that you needed to in order to do the SMP program?

8. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

but your grammar is.. :mamoru:

9. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Im going because I want to. The "sorry ass" recruiter has been the representative of his NG unit for FSU ROTC for quite awhile now. I find that a bit offensive

10. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

yea, well you understand what Im saying, so there

11. MumblingJoe169

:wtc: omg im sorry i offended your pogue recruiter that's been stealing taxpayer dollars hiding out from the real army at your sorry excuse for a university. Grow the fuck up kid. I cant wait for some 21B or 19D NCO or Drill to crush your fucking existence.
    And I would suggest you take your time picking what MOS you'll train in basic, since it will have a very real impact on your life if you decide not to go through with ROTC. Ask you're graduating class how many cadets they started out with their first and second year. SMP makes its money getting cadets to go to basic and feeding the guard when they decide ROTC isn't for them.

12. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Holy fuck Just because your recruiter fucked you over cause you were incapable of researching anything dosn't make your bitterness any more legitiment. Please, Ive been through alot more basic-esk training since I was12, so Ive had my "fucking existanced" crushed along time ago. You need to learn some fucking respect, they usually teach that at basic for a reason, but I guess you never learned or just never went at all, as you rudely suggested the SMP option in which you dont go to basic. Here's another good reason for wanting to go...so I don't turn out as miserable as you for joining the military.

I laugh at you for calling Florida State a "sorry excuse of a University"

Fuck, your more bitter then my roomate when he got back from Ft. Bliss :hsugh:

13. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

play nice ladies.

14. evan2

evan2 Guest

FSU and you put GRAMMER....seriously?

lols

Not sure how you will join my military considering you posted 16 year old nudes on OT bro. Time for jail.

15. MumblingJoe169

I believe I used the phrase, 'sorry excuse for a university', and so far, your logic and poor grammar has proven my point more than any case I could have presented. Furthermore, I tried to ask you a question to help you out based on things I saw through an 8 year career in the National Guard/Reserve, two of which were spent as a member of an SMP program. You got all butthurt because I offended your sensibilities by using crude language directed towards recruiters in general. You really should consider switching to AFROTC. The Army is currently at a surplus of whiney lieutenants with a sense of entitlement. I assure you that we don't need any more, future leafeater.
    My recruiter never fucked me over because I'm not a fucking idiot, but obviously you are a massive tool if you believe you have been through 'basic-esk' training. I'm here to tell you that you don't need to waste your time going to basic training and delaying your education any further. I went to basic, but I was also an NCO before I contracted ROTC. Going to basic has no effect on your ROTC training, your development as a leader, or you're progression as an officer. The only person in this thread that needs to learn respect is you. You're attitude shows that you would have trouble as a common soldier, much less as an officer or a non-commissioned officer.

16. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

No, I'm not, you started this by dissrespecting someone whom I do respect. Directed to all recruiters or not, you are still dissrespecting other service members, whether you feel they are "stealing taxpayer dollars (and) hiding out from the real army," thats your own beef. Got it?

As for what I have already been through, you don't know what i've done or been through, so you have no room to tell me otherwise. Besides, since you *think* I'm going to have trouble as a common soldier or officer, wouldn't you agree then for me to go to basic? The only thing you know about me is that my grammer is apparently too low key for your complicated mind. I don't give a shit on a forum, so why do you give a shit?

To think that I have a feeling of entitlement? Fuck no. You should only get what you work for and deserve. I know ALOT of faggots that shouldn't be doing what their doing or have gotten positions of power through bitching and ass kissinng. Is it not true that alot of NCO's don't like officers straight out of the academy and ROTC because they haven't been through the same crap, such as basic?

Don't you dare tell me that I "feel" like I'm owed something. Everything I did and recieved in my past was earned. No, it wasn't the "real" military, but damn closer then any other program available, especially since it was a branch of the Navy! But you know what? The ONLY thing I can take from those 7 years is what I've learned. That's all, no awards, ribbons, etc. All that I can do, and should only be allowed to do, is start at the bottom. My GoJu sensei always taught us this, "Nothing is free, everyone works, and everyone starts at the bottom." That rule was applied very strictly with him and with all the other dojos. You either adapted or left. You would be surprised at the number of people who would leave because they didn't reach a certain belt rank in 2 weeks time, then come back later saying their a fucking black belt at "Joes karate shack" or some shit.

I guess the only other thing I can take from being in that program, is it's allowing me to come out of basic as an E-3. Granted, all that we really do in ROTC is land nav, patrol/squad tactics, and leadership but hey, I guess going to basic dosn't help you out in those areas, right? :rolleyes:

But I guess to answer your question in your very first post here, regarding the SMP without basic, yes, I have heard of it, but I didn't want to because I want to go to basic. The other part of it is that I'm going to need a job. Everyone here, and myself included lost our jobs due the current state of the economy. Even my father, who's been working for 20+ years, was the last of his original department to get laid off cause the company was going under. They can't keep helping me out forever, and I don't want them to. I love the satisfaction of getting paid because I worked for it. I can't tell you how many times I came back home, from one of my previous jobs as a resturant busser, with severe back pain after working like a dog. Did I complain? No. Did I bitch about my pain? No, I kept working. Because of how hard I did work, they laid off the other bussers because I was apperently out performing them. Despite working as hard as I did, I still got paid less then everyone there.

Call me whatever you want, I know who I am, what I've experienced and what I've done.

17. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Usually when two girls fight, titties start flying. Since I doubt there will be any titties posted...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.