need suggestions on how to pimp my civic...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by imind, May 29, 2006.

1. imind

imind i am my own bitch

i've gone from driving one of these...

[​IMG]

to one of these...

[​IMG]

and, needless to say, i'm left wanting in the style department, as it just doesn't suit me. don't get me wrong, i know the civic is a mule, and i'll appreciate her reliability (i'm selling the '6' because, as a student, i just can't keep up with the maintenance). but my '6' has class, and the civic simply doesn't.

i've been looking online to see if there is anything i can do to improve her looks, but all i'm finding is that 'fast and furious' nonsense that just doesn't appeal to me (no offense to anyone who does).

i need suggestions on what i can do to this to make it less, well, girlie. its black, btw, and i think its got potential. but i don't have the knowledge of cars to even search google, as i really don't know what i'm looking for. i just want it to look classier, a bit more like a mans car, not all dressed up, something simple and 'clean'. any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.

2. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

"Pimp" your civic?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'd say just drop by your local Pep Boys and have at it. Glow shift knobs and everything.

3. imind

imind i am my own bitch

looks like you're out of your element; this is not off-topic. also, had you actually read my post, you would have noted that your suggestion is exactly what i was trying to avoid. but thanks for playing.

4. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

wow, what a step down. i would have thought 10 times before getting rid of a bmw 6 series for a civic. but i understand about the maintenance/repair costs for a german car, they can be astounding. thoguh i think you could have chosen a happier medium for a replacement. you went from one extreme to the complete opposite. but you have your reason and that's cool. as for "pimping" your civic, the only thing i suggest is possibly lowering it (not slamming) and no more than 17" wheels and a nice stereo system. it's not a fast car, never meant to be a fast car so unless you plan on spending thousands upon thousands to make it a legitimately fast car, that's the only things i'd change on a civic. the lowering will make it a funner car to drive, nice wheels can make it look better and at least you can upgrade the sound system. the thing you wanna avoid is trying to look and act fast when you're not. leave the body kits, exhausts, blue lights, and spoiler out of the question. they don't do anything other than make you a ricer. i can respect a simply lowered civic with some classy wheels and a nice audio system. anything more is just excessive IMO.

5. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

people laughing at him are assholes. The guy clearly just couldnt keep up with maintenance on his euro. ;laughing at someones financial troubles will make it just that much funnier when you run into some.

to make that car look good : get the si grill, put an si-r front lip on the bumper (grey plastic lip, just find a good replica) and you could black out the headlights and stick some GSR wheels on there (the gsr "bladE" wheels look decent)

on the interior, try to source some leather seats from an acura or get everythign wrapped in leather from katzkin.com

that should hold you off for a little while. People say i have the magic touch with this kind of stuff.

6. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Get hold of some Integra seats. They bolt right in and are much much nicer than the Civic ones.

A nice set of OEM wheels, BBS, or anything else upscale-looking in 15" or 16" would improve the car's looks greatly, as would lowering mildly (1-1.5") and a quality window-tint job.

7. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

Get the biggest spoiler you can.

Honda's ftl

8. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

I'm sorry, but any time I hear the word "pimp" associated with any automobile, it's an automatic laugh-fest.

Honestly, if you spend a little money on some good rubber, you will have more fun driving your car and you wont really care about what it looks like. The only thing I would do is tint the windows. I would be hesitant to even put any wheels on it, unless they were some other factory Honda wheels.

Look into some Kumho Ecsta 712s, or if you wanna step it up a little more, Toyo Proxes 4

9. integraMAHxC

integraMAHxC New Member

why dont u "pimp" yourself a new ride... why waste money, just leave it a reliable transportation device, and save money for somethin worthwhile to "trick" out..

10. D21X

D21X Ownz JOO

not worth "pimpin" the civic....it'll get stolen....

11. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

19' wheels with the colored tread
    as many stickers as you can find
    2 big bottles from harrys
    3' at least Spoiler
    Body kit effectively doubling curb weight with added panels.
    Altezza taillights
    5 LCD TVS with PS2 and Xbox 360
    JDM blinker fluid and muffler bearings
    6" fart can

these are just a few suggestions to PIMP YO RIDE

12. RayC

RayC Don't 'cha wish your offense was hot like me???

1. Join another board, w/ less "e-studs" and more helpful members
    2. I agree with post #5 about the si grill
    3. Some new wheels, preferably nothing over 17", low-profile and nothing too fancy-smancy, maybe a 5 or 6 spoke konig set
    4. I wouldn't get new tail lights, I had a 99 4-door civic, and hopefully that's what you have too, and those civics came with a better set of tails than the 96-98's.

13. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

honda-tech.com

this board is full of wankers.

14. imind

imind i am my own bitch

:rofl: wow what a diverse crowd we have here.

to give a little background, my 6 was built in 1980, and maintenance on a 26 year old car is not really maintenance, but rather rehabilitation. the car looked fantastic, but had some serious issues. the wiring was one that was killing me. a previous owner had done some work on it and left its electrical system in shambles. i had one of the three 'computers' replaced twice already, and again, as a current student, i simply cannot afford it now.

i received the honda from my mother, free of charge, and its nice to be able to start the car without getting under the hood everytime.

anyway, to those who replied with sincere suggestions, thank you. and i will definately check out that honda link. i don't intend on putting a great deal of money into this, as my first puchase after graduating (after landing a job, that is) will be to purchase another, newer 6.

15. takumi6

takumi6 New Member

i suggest you get nice set of coilovers

tein basics 700 to 900 dollars

Si grill, gives the clean "front" look

Si Lip to complement the grill

Civic type R headlights (black housing) looks real clean non-ricey or just do it yourself IF you know how

get intake for 15 bucks on ebay...

Si wheels or Gsr swirls for cheap... to give it more "sporty" looks

tints..

16. takumi6

takumi6 New Member

oh and hid kit www.xenondepot.com

and what did you expect from ot? its home of haters and flamers... but i think its cool how you are not the rest of the fools on this site that are trying to buy g35's or s2000 with money they don't have and instead yo are rather working with what you got...

17. StylishDOHC

StylishDOHC New Member

Well as far as econobox sedans go, Honda Civic's have always been the most fun to drive, usually the best looking, have the best resale and are the easiest to mod.I too would love to have an Evo,Vette, M3 or S2000 but I actually like to OWN my vehicles unlike the rest of the 20-somethings on OT, so my 99 Civic Si will have to do for now...It seems like you are in the same situation.I suggest leaving the motor bone stock.As i'm sure you know, these cars are rock solid reliable.
    [​IMG]

This the kind of look your after?...Just some stock Integra GS-R wheels and a 2" drop, perfect ride height for a daily driver...This car has a couple other goodies (front lip japanese lights etc.) but you get the idea.

18. bhunda

bhunda New Member

19. StylishDOHC

StylishDOHC New Member

20. The Mafia

The Mafia New Member

way too low...

21. rkddb

rkddb Masturbation is on my mind OT Supporter

civic ftl

fwd ftl

fight queerness and get rid of the pos

22. imind

imind i am my own bitch

[​IMG]

yeah, that looks nice. much nicer, in fact, than i was anticipating; thanks for the pic.

23. Light Speed

Light Speed Guest

:rofl:

24. Yashin88

Yashin88 Classified

I'm 20 and I own my Supra :p

25. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Wow... that car is way better looking than a 6th gen Civic has any right to be.