need suggestions for deck and speakers pls...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by four-bangin', Jun 11, 2004.

1. four-bangin'

four-bangin' New Member

hello fellow o-t-ers. I have a 99 Accord coupe LX fourbanger. I am looking to replace my stock cassette player w/ a quality, but reasonably priced CD deck. I also need some speakers suggestions cuz I am also looking to replace my stock ones. I am NOT buying amp and subs so I just need speakers that will significantly improve the sound quality (compared to the stock ones.) :x: Pls suggest a quality but reasonably priced CD deck and some nice speakers that BUMP cleanly and nicely (and louder compared to my stock ones, w/c bumps decently loud by the way) w/o the need for subs and amps. I, thank you. :hs:

2. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

What you want is alpine HU with the Vdrive amp that does 26rms will help your new speakers. Then get some nice speakers that are 40-50rms and have good sensitivity. you'll be set. check out partsexpress.com for 2 midbass for the back and 2 components for front.

-Alex

3. four-bangin'

four-bangin' New Member

is the alpine HU an amp? Cuz I don't really wanna buy an amp (and subs), just regular deck and nice, clean speakers. But if they're just speakers, then I'ma go check on that. Anyway, how do you tell if a speaker has good sensitivity? Thanks bro I appreciate the help :cool:

4. 04

04 Guest

No the Alpine headunit is just like any other headunit, except it has a DC/DC power supply that allows its internal amplifier to have more power output.

You tell if a speaker has a good sensitivity by looking at the spec called "sensitivity". I wouldnt worry about it though, as it usually doesnt mean much, especially since it is dependent on the resistance of the speaker's voice coil.

5. four-bangin'

four-bangin' New Member

ooohhhhh. Ok its a head unit. by the way, I am aware of the 40-50 rms continious power deal. What I'm not aware of is the sensitivity. Whats a good range? I'm looking for figures here like around 90? thanks I appreciate the help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2004
  6. 04

04 Guest

The vdrive should have enough power output that it wont matter too much what the sensitivity rating for a speaker is. Besides, the sensitivity figure can in many cases be much higher than the speakers true averaged efficiency over a range, so I wouldnt really worry about it.

7. 04

04 Guest

Also, sorry I edited your post. I accidentally clicked the "edit" button instead of the quote button :doh:

8. four-bangin'

four-bangin' New Member

oh okay. thanks bro. Anyway, I've been looking lately at alpine HUs but I don't know why their specs don't say anything about any Vamp/Vdrive. I guess I just have to ask them about it. Thnaks!