Need some windows Help: Blue screen in WinXP

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mycophiles, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Ok, guys. I installed a program called Top Desk. It is basically an Expose for WinXP. Anyway, I had it running and ran an embedded youtube video off OT and the computer blue screened and crashed.

:eek3:

So, I boot up. Goes into windows. I get a message about a 'serious' error and everythings good for about 30 minutes. I DO NOT run the new program. So like I said, after 30 good minutes. The computer blue screened again. It rebooted again into windows. I uninstalled the program but I would like to go through and fix shit in windows.

This happened last night and the computer ran all night and is fine this morning. (so far)

Should I run a repair on winxp?

2. Bencorn

Bencorn New Member

Depending on how long it has been since your last fresh install you might want to consider that. It cleans everything out and starts new. Otherwise, if it is working properly then repair probably won't fix much.

3. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Fresh install is 5 months old.

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Press F8 when win is booting, boot into safe mode, uninstall the program, restore the restore point just prior to installing the program...then reboot.

5. mondaynightmike

mondaynightmike New Member

OR boot in to safe mode and do a system restore

6. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I did a restore point from windows after uninstalling the program and it didn't shut down correctly. It came back up and suggested that I undo the last restore and choose another restore date. I did that. After it booted into the restored windows it booted into the windows xp start-up. Like it was the first time I had booted into windows. All my programs were there but my settings were all gone. So I undid that restore.

If I hit F8 during bootup all it does is ask which drive to boot-up on. Doesn't give me safe-mode. I'll take a look at that and try that option.