need some web design help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by wiredout46, Dec 12, 2004.

1. wiredout46

wiredout46 臭黑鬼 OT Supporter

i just started learning css via the help menu in dreamweaver.

can somebody please explain to me how i can get a gallery of pictures on the left side?

thanks.

2. intrktevo

intrktevo New Member

"left side" of what...what kind of layout do you have now? do you have a link to the page that you are working with?

we can't help you if you don't give us the information to do so

3. Up All Night

Up All Night I might sleep all day

If you just want a picture gallery Photoshop has an automatic gallery maker that will put thumbnails of your pictures on the left side, right side, bottom, etc.

4. WERUreo

WERUreo Imua!

Two things. First, learning CSS won't necessarily help you with creating a gallery of pictures. In fact, you don't even need CSS to do it. All you really need to create a gallery of pictures is, well, pictures. With no requirements other than "I want a gallery of pictures on the left side," that's about as simple as it gets.

Second, you're learning CSS from the Help Menu in Dreamweaver?? Better pick up a book, or better yet, read the tutorials at the W3C.

5. xxxgames12

xxxgames12 Guest

"left side"? are you using frames or something? ..or are you using a layout with a sidebar (using tables)?

I use dreamweaver also, awesome awesome awesome.

6. r3lic76

r3lic76 Guest

i'm learning CSS also, i'm pretty good at 2 column CSS centered layouts

try making a class called .picture and define it as float:left; or just edit the img tag and have images float:left; with a margin-right of 400px if your image is 100px and your container is 500px....that way each image is put below each other rather than horizontally