Need some tire suggestions...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by shohan, Mar 9, 2006.

?

Which tire?

1. Yokohama Geolander H/T-s G051

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Continental CrossContact LX

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Falken Ziex S/TZ 04

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Firestone Destination LE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. shohan

shohan New Member

It's time for me to replace the tires on my 98 Neon and my 01 Dakota.

For the Neon I'm going with some Falken Ziex ZE512 for $36. :bigthumb:
    [​IMG] H SR, 60k miles, UTQG 420AA, M+S

For my Dak I can't decide. Right now it's got Firestone Destination LEs which have been great. I live in Eastern NC so I'm not too worried about snow or ice, but I'd like something all-season that is average in the snow.

Current tires: Firestone Destination LE 255/70-R16 (Stock size is 255/65-R16)
    Choices:
    My price range is looking to be around $100, but I'd rather not pay that much. (I do understand you pay for what you get.)

Anyone else have any other suggestions or experience with the listed tires?

Cliffs: Need new tires looking for suggestions or reviews of choices listed above.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  2. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

For truck tires I like Toyo Open Country tires. They're rather inexpensive, but they're more "trucky" than what you have listed. Those are more driving on the street only. Open Country tires aren't off roading tires by any means, but you could manage on them anywhere you went (snow included). I work at a tire store, but what tires are sold in different parts of every state is different. We rarely do Firestone and we hardly ever do Falken...Falken we don't even stock actually. We order them right from Tire Rack. Continental we do a lot of, and I like those as well. Conti's are good tires IMO.

3. shohan

shohan New Member

Highway tires are fine for me. I don't do any off-roading/mudding so I don't need anything real knobby. Especially, since the Dak is 2WD (Should've mentioned that. :doh:) How much are the Toyos you suggest? I tried to take a look online for them, but couldn't find them at Tire Rack, Discount Tire Direct, Edge Racing, or even Amazon. Any suggestions for an online tire vendors?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  4. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

They're rather inexpensive compared to others around here. You would have to ask someone down there to find out. Toyo tires are fairly new still, so not a lot of people have them yet.

http://toyo.com/find_a_dealer/