Need some tips.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by zmiller91, Aug 15, 2008.

1. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

Im showing my car tommorow to a potential buyer. I already showed him once, and he was impressed. The only thing he said was that it needed to be a bit cleaner. Now, i cleaned my car in 30 min before i showed him, and i had one product to use for everything, for my girlfriend has all my stuff. So, hes comming again tomorrow, i cleaned the inside for 2.5 hours. I used a leather cleaner, mguiers dash cleaner, a 1:1 simple green:water mix for the carpets, cleaned all the vents, did the windows, vaccumed, hit all crevices with a q-tip, etc, etc. Im just worred its not clean enough, should i condition the carpets? if so, what should i use? is there anything else i can do? Id take pics, but its noting special.

Thanks for the help and the click.

2. Original

Original OT Supporter

hows the paint look?

it sounds like the interior's spotless for what you did.. that should be good enough.

when i was shopping for my car i looked for

interior:
    carpet stains
    ripped vinyl or leather

exterior:
    rust
    scratches
    swirls
    oxidation
    brake dust etched on wheels

dust is negligible, if you shine the tires shine the wheel wells as well, also dress all plastic/rubber trim on the outside of the car

3. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

half the car just got resprayed, its virtually flawless. i only have one stain on the carpet. a colege kid is getting it tho, so i dont think hes to worried. how do you dress the trim?

4. Original

Original OT Supporter

i think meguiars has a rubber/vinyl/plastic protector or something. only if your trim is in bad condition though, don't worry about it

car sounds clean i don't know what he could complain about if the price is right. cheers!