Need some suggestions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DaneMan, Jan 6, 2006.

1. DaneMan

DaneMan Active Member

Alright, before I begin, I haven't actually checked out my friend's system yet but this is what he told me over the phone and i'm just trying to get some ideas as to what you guys think it might be. Keep in mind that he didn't go into detail, so i'm just relaying what he said.

He called up claiming that his system will not boot. Whenever he turns it on, the computer won't even complete a POST check. However, when he removed some perephials such as the CD drive, floppy, etc, the system would boot. Although i'm unsure if he also removed any cards as well, such as sound and video.

My guess is that its something going on with the Motherboard, although with out actually being there to see what exactly is going on, that is just my guess. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas or suggestions as well.

2. Sabrewulf

Sabrewulf New Member

since it works with stuff removed. Tell him to start plugging stuff back in one at a time and see when it hangs. Could be a faulty device? Thats an easy way to troubleshoot that :dunno: