need some serious nutritional help

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MumblingJoe169, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

Iv been working out steady since the new year, and have so far gotten some of the size i lost being away from the gym for so long. My problem is that i put on some weight, mostly around the midsection, that just wont seem to go away.
    I dont have a good diet or eating plan, mainly because I dont know how or what to eat. I need some serious help here fellas. I want to keep gaining size, but i want to lose the fat as well. I need to know what to advoid, what to eat, and when to eat.

I do take my protein daily, thats about the only steady part of my diet so far.

2. Sand Hanitizer

Sand Hanitizer Active Member

best place to start would be in the fat loss sticky, and ask any specific questions after reading that

3. Rummy

Rummy "bored and extremely dangerous"

if I was up your ass you'd know where I was
    its gonna be a bunch of work. just need to apply a little scientific method

a) get a fitday.com account to keep track of everything that enters your body. It will really open your eyes. Keep a notebook of everything you lift
    b) figure out about how many calories you're eating on an average day now. You'll probably want to eat close to the same amount of calories to start. Make sure you get 1g+ protien for every pound of body weight and keep fat intake to <25%. The rest should be good carbs. You should also look to get rid of high fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, etc. Read alll the labels you can. Once you start using fitday, what you read on the labels will really make sense in the context of your diet. Don't eat any crap, the more natural a state your food is in when you consume it the better. (plain oatmeal, boneless skinless chicken breast, whole grain bread, whole fruits not fruit juices etc). Breakfast should just about be your biggest meal. Try to eat something every 2-3 hours even if its just a healthy little snack (a piece of fruit, a protein shake, etc). Don't eat right before bed. Drink more water and less alcohol.
    c) keep working out, add cardio to your routine after you lift (or on off days, or both).
    d) wait 2 weeks, observe (take pictures, measure body fat, use your lifting notebook), etc. It could take a few weeks to see effects from subtle dietary changes. If your strength gains slowed down or stopped, add a few hundred calories to your daily average. If you're not losing fat (or getting fatter), peel off a few hundred calories.
    e) repeat d

4. Alt+F4

Alt+F4 official OT hockey stud

I disagree with several of your points.

5. pt

pt New Member

6. Drewski

Drewski New Member

unless your a newb or genetic freak, its unpossible to lose fat and gain muscle at teh same time. you need a caloric deficit to lose and caloric surplus to gain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.