Need some quick help! Which pad?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by MSIGuy, Feb 13, 2008.

1. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

So, I need some quick help. I'm in the middle of an ONR wash on my car, and I'm getting ready to put some Megs #7 glaze, NXT 2.0, and then eventually some S100.

I have the following pads available... http://www.autogeek.net/lc-ccs-6inch-pads.html Everything except the Green pad. I have two of them all, except only 1 blue, black, and red.

I know not to mix products on the pads, but which should I use for the #7 and which should I use for the NXT 2.0? I'm not looking to remove any swirls yet, just maybe fill them a little with the glaze. This is just testing on my hood to see how this combo looks then I'll do the whole car with it.

Thanks!

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

glaze with the gray or white pad, then you can NXT with blue or red, they're about the same.

3. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Alright, I'll give that a go. Thanks a million for the quick response!

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You can apply NXT by hand as well.

5. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Oh, I know I can... But I want to play with my UDM!

Here's kind of a question after the fact, but what's the correct way to apply Meg's #7 Glaze via UDM? I worked at about a speed 3.5 and gave it about 4 passes with almost no pressure until it went clear. Any major problems with that? Also how much product should I use? I made an X across the pad, too much?

Thanks!

6. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Red is the softest and best for applying NXT via UDM.

If you do not have the red, blue will be fine.

7. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Sweet. That's kinda what I figured and used the Red. Any tips on applying S100 on top of the NXT (gonna do a second coat tomorrow after this coat is cured)? I'm guessing use the red pad and take the wax out and just kinda spread it on the pad and go at it at like speed 3 until its covered well, let haze, then remove?

I know I probably didn't work the glaze in enough but my paint already looks wetter and has a nice depth to it (for white). Only thing now that bothers me is all the swirls. I didn't know they were as bad (still not THAT bad...) as they were till I looked at them closely. I'm waiting on removing them though until it gets better (weather-wise) and I can clay, cut, glaze, and wax all at once!

8. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

#7 is really a necessary step. Just adds some wetness. Most hot rod guys use it alone with nothing on top. Most of their cars never see any climate changes. You can put S100 on with the PC the way you described. Just wait 24 hours after NXT though for it to fully cure.....in my opinion.

9. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

Just happened to see on my can of S100 that it says not to let it haze. I have no idea if this really makes a difference but figured I'd throw it out there.