Need some pointers on a "diet"

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DarqueGT, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

This is my first post in F&N so if I overlooked something, let me know.

I'm 6'2" and about 250lbs. Apparently, doctors think that I'm overweight. I admit I am getting a spare tire, but compared to 2 of my friends who are the same weight, I'm skinny. I like to think I have more muscle mass than they do, but that's just me.

Doc wants me to try dieting to bring my weight down, but I can't do some 1500-2000 calorie diet. I don't each that much as it is...a bowl of cereal for breakfast (whole grain), sandwich for lunch (cheese with mustard or ham&cheese with some mayo), and whatever happens to look appealing for dinner. Throughout the day, I do have a couple of pieces of candy at my desk, but nothing that would make me think I'm a junk food fuck.

I think that if I could get off this mid-section that the doc wouldn't say I was overweight. I also think that if I could drop 20 pounds, I would be more than okay. I don't have the endurance to run much anymore without "training" so I'm stuck with dieting for now and easing back into exercise.

Background - high blood pressure and cholesterol run in the family. I'm on medications to lower BP and triglycerides. Basically I come from a long line of bigger people. Shit has to stop somewhere.

Can anybody give me some dietary information or things that have worked for them? Personal experiences, diet journal, etc.....

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

dont read the big fucking stickies at the top of the forum or anything

follow the diet on the wanna be a bodybuilder thread and you will lose weight. do it for a few months and you will put on muscle and lose fat. point blank.

3. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

see my blog for more info

4. CrackityJones

CrackityJones OT Supporter

:rofl:

5. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

lawlz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.