GUN need some opinions from the gun crew...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by liberals=whiner, Aug 3, 2007.

1. First please forgive me for not spending alot of time researching. Im in bumble fuck missouri on dial up right now. I plan on attending an auction this weekend and wanted to get your opinion on the guns I might be bidding on. The ones Im looking at are:
    hi point C9 9mm
    and a smith and wesson 38 special revolver.

Im sorry I dont have more information on the last one. I've shot a high point before (my dad has one) and I've fired a Colt trooper (in .38 sp) before. I liked both the guns.

I was wondering what kinda price range I should expect these to sell for? Its an auction so there really isnt a set price but I dont want to get caught in a bidding war and end up paying more than its worth.

Again Im sorry for the lack of research and info. Its hard whne the max speed I can connect at is around 25-30kbps. TIA gun crew. I'll check this thread tommorrow evning and try and answer any questions then.

Thanks guys.

ok go ahead and flame me if you need to....

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

You can probably find a 9mm hi point for around 175-190? I think I saw one the other day going for that new.

3. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

Hi points.... I wouldn't trust my life with it. Get the wheel gun out of those 2 choices.

4. mrbill

mrbill New Member

i wouldn't offer more than $80 for the high point. aside from being ugly and having less than smooth triggers i haven't heard too many bad things about them. the ppl i know who own or have shot them say they're reliable. can't say about the revolver though w/o knowing more about it. condition..model..etc.

5. thanks for the help guys. I have really poor impulse control though. I went scouting local pawn shops today to get an idea of price for the c9. I found one brand new for 180. they also had several .40 and 45 hi-points. I ended up with a .40. I dont plan to use it for carry or personnal defense I just wanted a cheap handgun. I found it when I walked out of the shop with a .40 cal for 140. Say what you will but you cant shake a stick at that.

Im sure someone will mention that thats too cheap to trust my life too. That is true, but I didnt want a CCW right now, just a pistol.

thanks though for everyones input.

6. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

I understand that hi-points are fairly reliable and solid, just uglier than sin and depressingly sensitive to limp-wristing since they're blowback-operated. Would angle for the revolver if it's in decent shape.