SRS Need some life advice (anonymous post)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I have alot of problems with my life lately.

First off I'm 21, my family and I don't get along that well. My family doesn't treat me the same as my sibilings. My sibilings get more attention and things then I do. I'm kind of the out cast. My family is rich and they act like it. There materialistic and thats not like me. They also cut down my confidence all the time which I think thats the reason I'm with a girl friend that makes me unhappy. I'll tell them about something she got mad at me for and they will say something like "well your hard to deal with" or "you not great to her" When they don't even know about the situation.

I really dis-like the place where I live. But unforitunity due to the fact the college out of state is about 20k more a semester for non residents I guess I'm stuck here. I'm also very confused about getting a career and it bothers me every night.

I've been dating a girl for nearly two years. Its my first relationship She puts me through hell with her emotions. I upset her all the time if I say or do the simplest thing. Shes getting help for her problems and has gotten slightly better but she still will fight with me over something stupid and then expects me to forget about it and move on. I know I should have left her by now but I don't understand why I haven't mabey its a sex addiction or I need someone close in my life due the the lack of family support. I go back in forth constently in my head and even though I know our relationship is bad I always end up back with her and it makes me so mad at myself. I feel like I have to leave town to escape her

Sorry for all this I'm just so confused and don't really know what to do. Its caused me a great deal of depression and I'm starting to abuse alcohol more then ever. :sadwavey:

2. tidalxwave

tidalxwave WWKD? OT Supporter

1) You will always feel like this until you make the decision to become financially independent. If the silver spoon still feeds you, it can be taken away at any moment. If they act materialistic, they will use the "We will not give you any money when we pass and just give it to your siblings. That is why rich families are similar because they control their kids with money.

2) Break up with the girl and find a new one. If your family is superficial, they will just accept it and move on and see the better qualities in the new girl. Once you break up, the old girl will finally recognize that her ticket to a goldmine has just been shut down. She will change.

3) Accept it and live the style of your family. If you dont' want to work hard and move it on your own, then accept it. There are chiefs and indians in life, your parents are the chiefs. If you want to be a rogue, then you will have to prepare yourself for the consequences which is being cut financially. If they still give you a huge allowance or give you an unlimited spending credit card, and you still use it on a daily basis, just be grateful you have money and all your problems are considered "Good problems" and not "bad problems." Bad problems = finding a place to live, finding food to eat. good problems = "social problems, materialistic problems"

4) Most rich kids abuse drugs for the same reason as you. That is what they are there for. Xanax works wonders.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

1. I'm working on being independent I'm studying like hell for my test just so I can move out of here. I'm hoping by doing that I can get some of my confidence back and not take what they say to heart.

2. Shes not in it for the money. She knows the favoritism and I really don't buy her anything at all. She would be amazing except we fight so badly and were so dependent on eachother. We know we should end it but everytime we get close were back together and having sex the same night. I feel like I won't ever get out of it and I need to. I just feel like I'm never going to find someone else that I care about so I stick it out with her. It bothers me that I'm so strong but I can not leave her. She will never change and i know that.

3. I don't think you understand but my familes rich I don't see any of it. My sibilings see all of it. I really don't get much from them now except a place to live. I don't get the unlimited debit cards or anything like that.

4. And yeah trust me I know. I've been going to a physchatrist (spellings off I know) for years and it hasn't helped. Anything besides prozac gives me horrible side effects that aren't worth it.

4. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

You know you need to break up with your girlfriend so do it and commit to it. If it's so hard for you to stay broken up don't have any contact with her. Your family probably will never change so that's just something you are going to have to deal with. Sucks, I know but there isn't much you can do about them. At least try to change the things in your life that you're in control of so things will be slightly better.