Need some input on what kind of bike to get.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by phatkat, Jul 10, 2003.

1. phatkat

phatkat I got nothing...

I'll start w/ a little bit about me... I'm 6'5" about 215lbs (athletic build) This would not be a first bike for me altho it would be a first "crotchrocket". I have ridden Harleys and owned a Yamaha v-star for over a year. I have ridden 1 street bike before altho I cannot remember what it was.

This is not ment to be a daily driver... but rather a every once in a while vehicle. I have quite a bit of tools in my garage so I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty either (if it was a bike that required maintence or is easy to do custom mods on). I'm currently rebuilding my rx7 so I've got a fair share of tools.

I'm not quite sure where the insurance break is... I think it's 600cc's? Since I woln't be driving it every day I don't want to get somthing that is going to rape me in insurance. I would like somthing that has a decent amount of power due to the fact that I'm not a small guy. It would be nice if it's known to fit nice for someone w/ a 6'5" (broad sholder) frame. Looks do matter (honesty right?) but comfort is more important.

I'm looking to go used... and was just looking for some direction/guidance.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

2. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

If I were you, being the big guy that you are, I'd give the SV1000 a look. Just be careful because it has a bit of power... but since you already have experience with operating motorcycles on the street I don't think you'd have a problem.

It's not really a crotch rocket, but it is a very powerful and capable bike that you would probably fit on. You may also want to take a look at the Yamaha FZ1