SRS need some input on a girl im really into

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by KSNIPPY, Mar 30, 2008.

1. KSNIPPY

KSNIPPY As lost as i get i will find you

this is probably gonna sound like some stupid teenage bs cause im gonna try and make it quick but whatever.

ok so heres the deal...this girl and i have been friends for a few months and within about the past month-moth and a half it became aparent that we like eachother. so weve been kinda dating for the past three weeks, but thats the thing. i dont think she considers it dating, but i feel like it totally is. we go to dinner, hang out at eachothers place, and have a good time every time. when she was asked are we dating by a friend she answered "no, not really." but at the same time i kinda think she feels like its dating inside herself, we just havnt really officially called it that with eachother. which leads me to another thing which is i dont know if shes looking to be in a relationship with anyone right now since shes hesitant about calling us dating. so yeah i know i need to talk to her about it but im afraid of things getting awkward after we do because i know that im really into this girl alot.

ugh, this is rough....if anything it helped getting it off my chest

2. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

It's better than you figure it out now, rather than 4 months into your "possible dating" situation. Don't be afraid to talk to her because you're scared of what she might say.

I think you need to be honest, tell her you're getting mixed signals from her, and ask her how she feels about you.

3. KSNIPPY

so you dont think its too early to being somehting like this up?

4. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

I think it's better that you figure it out now, rather than later. If you're still hanging out in a few months, and you're still unsure about what's going on, it'll be even more awkward to bring it up then.

5. KSNIPPY

i dont want to scare her away by her thinking im becoming attached so fast, and im thinking that shell think this if i bring it up

6. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

dating for a few weeks? no attempt to take the relationship to the next level?

7. KSNIPPY

yeah, i thought she would try and advance it but hasnt yet and if i do im afraid that shell think im getting too atached because i think shes suspects me as being that kind of person.

oh and yay for 1000th post

8. eljefedetonto

:rofl: no wonder. I spent years expecting/hoping the girl would make the first move. 99% of the time, they won't and it's your job to do it. She's probably waiting for you to do it.

I highly doubt she'll think you're too attached just because you try to kiss her or something. Even if she does, are you happier sitting in limbo like this?

9. KSNIPPY

ok well heres a little more into the story, and is what leads me to believe that she doesnt wanna get more serious with me.

she still lives at home with her parents, and her parents are hardcore southern baptist and hates her daing anyone older than herself (yeah shes 17) :hs:. shes been in a relationship with someone of my age before and shes told me how hard it is to sneak around her parents just to date someone and i think thats whats holding her back.

10. eljefedetonto

that doesn't necessarily mean she's not interested in dating. anyway, the point is, you don't know and this far into it, you'd better figure it out. wouldn't it be something if she was interested and walked away because she got tired of waiting for you to make a move?

11. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

wow, your seeing her for a few weeks and didnt even kiss her?

12. KSNIPPY

no ive kissed her

and actually weve already had sex, so yeah...

13. KSNIPPY

which im sure has just complicated the situation

14. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

How old are you?

And if she doesn't think you're dating then you're not, it's that simple. You're wasting your time if you're waiting for her to take it to the next level.

15. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Do what teenagers do and say "will u be my gf??" and give her a spider ring from the $.25 machine.

16. eljefedetonto

odds are you're dating. going out, kissing, fucking. :dunno:

17. althepirate

althepirate Talk nerdy to me.

The last time I got a toy ring was in kindergarten and it was a Ring Pop. We were "married" and then promptly got "divorced" when I ate my wedding ring. :o

Dude, just ask her straight out. Being straight forward with her isn't being clingy.

18. KSNIPPY

im 20
    and yeah i know, i dont really wanna waste my time and emotions on this

hah id so do that if i could :hs:

i know, now that youve said that..wow we do meet the requirements of dating, dunno why i never realy thought about that :doh: ...and i dont know why the hell were not "officially" dating. fuck. im definately gonna have to tlak with her

19. eljefedetonto

yeah, be sure to think it through though. maybe with all the hiding she has to do from her family, official isn't the best thing in her mind? who knows. you'll find out.

20. KSNIPPY

ok so i talked to her last night...stayed up to like 230 talking..and heres the deal

the reason we havnt really moved into the official dating thing is cause she still has feelings for her ex. i kinda felt this was possible but i thought she had moved on since she was acting so strongly towards me. she said that they cant really be together until shes 18 (cause of the parent thing, hes 21) and thats what theyre both waiting on. they still like eachother..shes still infatuated with him even though it sounds like they both just string eachother along when they keep breaking up which is why they cant getover eachother. she did say that she really did develope feelings for me really bad and she diddnt really mean for that to happen since she plans on getting back with her ex within about a year. and that basically i filled the void since theyre not together right now.

so yeah ive been used...
    and now i will drink

21. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Dawson: You know that Julie chick? Loves you. You want her? Gotta play it cool, you know. You can't let her know how much you like her. cause if she knows, she'll dump you like that. Believe me. Like, if she asks you if you want a ride, you say, "No, I've got my own ride, but maybe I'll see you later." Sounds stupid, doesn't it? It works.

22. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

If you like a chick, be a fucking man about it.

should I explain further?

23. KSNIPPY

if you feeel the need to...

im the one who steped up and talked to her about it all though instead of waiting for her and letting her string me along any further

24. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

bingo, right there. Apparently you and I suck with women.

Step 1 is to talk to every woman you see. Break the convo off whenever you want to...you don't have to go for broke every time. Step 2 is to realize the newly found power you have with women, and use it to raise your self esteem. Step 3 is to now watch yourself take control of your life, more women will want you, and then you can pick the woman you want to be with, rather than grasp at straws.

I'm still stuck on step 1. The confidence is not there, but now, instead of walking around people at the bar, I can take almost any woman I want, talk to her, and see if I want to continue talking to her. Actually, not almost, I talked to every woman I wanted to last weekend.

25. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Has anything physical ever happened?

Have you kissed?

Held hands?