Need some ideas on full wall art pieces.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Digital_, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

I need to find a simple black/white design for a full wall. I'm thinking about having it cut out of vinyl and just stick it to the wall, unless I can borrow a projector and paint it.

My roommate did a flower piece on two of the walls in the living room that turned out pretty well, but he just did a small 4ft flower. I want something thats 10-12ft wide x 6-8ft tall.

Graffiti, Line Art, Pixel Art, Rasterized Images... I just need some cool ideas.

Please halp.

2. mustardsauce

mustardsauce New Member

Draw a shitload of different pics or a huge collage of little drawings to fill the wall.

3. RX Bandit

RX Bandit Sell You Beautiful »

If I had a full wall to give, I think a massive yin-yang would be badass.
    Or perhaps pedestrian. Your choice :o

The best large rasterization I have seen was the Boondock Saints version with the guns pointing down to the foreground.

Are you really stuck on it being solely a) simple and b) black and white? IMO that limits the options way too much.

4. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

Don't have time or patience to do more than a single color on white wall. Plus if I choose to use Vinyl, I'm not going to pay $400 per color for more than one color.

I saw this one video on youtube a long time ago, where these guys just used black and white and did a time lapse over a month or something. All they did was create an ever changing graffiti design, it was fucking amazing. If I could find that clip I could find like one state of the design and just recreate it. But I haven't been able to locate the clip.

5. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

i saw that too, it's a pretty common thing on youtube, like I've seen multiple others, i think there's a name for it but I'm not sure.

6. Brujo

Brujo New Member

if i were doing it, i'd take a portion of a famous art piece and do just a small portion of it blown way up... something like the red highlighted area, scaled up to the size of the wall

[​IMG]

7. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

That has tones. Need single color.

8. Brujo

Brujo New Member

I wasn't say you had to do exactly that. It was something to spark more ideas.

There is a ton of free vector images available online that you could use if you want.