need some ideas for gf's bday..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Project X, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Project X

Project X New Member

my gf's bday is comin up soon and i need some ideas on what to get her. just some background info - we have been datin for 3 years and are plannin on gettin engaged next year. i dont mind spending money on her but we are trying to save money for imp thing to come but regardless i want to make her bday special.

i dont want to put a number on what the limit is but i was thinkin about takin her out to a nice dinner and have flowers sent to her work earlier in the day..

as for the present im thinkin of gettin her a necklace or bracelet from tiffanys silver collection so itd be around 250. ive already got her stuff from coach on her bday and a diff tiffanys necklace and bracelet for bday/anniversary and diamond earrings... im running out of ideas and obviously try to get gifts from quality places.

she doesnt expect stuff liek this.. i like getting it for her.. just an fyi..

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Bleh, this thread will also be in my new sticky for "most common threads ever." So all of you please feel free to give you best advice.

But seriously, how after 3 years can you not think of a gift? Whether you buy it, make it, or plan something you ultimately know your gf and what she likes more than any of us. Why all jewelry? Isn't there anything less material she would enjoy?

3. GTSlow

GTSlow New Member

My girlfriend loves chocolate. Especially if I go and pick out the pieces individually with a few of her favorites. She also loves massages, romantic dinners and girly stuff... Oh yeah and she has a PSP and DS so I have the option of getting games for her.

Werd

4. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

you fucked up by getting her such nice stuff early on.

5. just tat

just tat New Member

does she have a nice matching diamond necklace for the earings?

with all the jewelry you've already given her, maybe something like a dress, or some really nice shoes, for a change of pace. but for this you'd have to know her sizes, and taste.

6. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

. I know I'd feel wierd if I knew half my jewlery collection came from my bf. Isn't there something you can do for her to show her she's special? A hot-air balloon ride, going to a vacation spot for the weekend. Something she could just enjoy, rather than something material?

7. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

why? all my jewelry comes from my bf, and I wear it all the time...then again, I'm the type to just wear basic, simple jewelry and never change it. I like looking at my hand and thinking of my bf, not that I need a material object to do that, but it is nice thinking about how hard he worked to pick it out and pay for it and how excited he was to give it to me.

To the OP, how about going away for a weekend to a bed and breakfast? You two can really have some quality alone time if you do that. Or a day at the spa, including massage, manicure, pedicure, and facial would be really nice too.

8. Sephiroth13

Sephiroth13 Beginning of the End

make soemthing for her instead *that would be a change of pace* I know my girl would rather have me make something for her instead. Instead of going out to eat... take her on a picnic, you do something unexpected.. She might be expecting for jewelry.. Considering your trying to save up for something.

9. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

Yeah, but I dont know I'd just feel different knowing that my bf always buys me jewlery, no matter what type of special event is coming up. It was just my opinion.

10. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

I know it was your opinion and I was interested, so I asked why, thats all. Same as mine was just my opinion

11. TIFFANYHONDA

TIFFANYHONDA New Member

Find a cottage or something online. One for the night would be around $200. Blind fold her and have her stuff packed in the car and be off......make a nice steak on a grill....make sure theres a jacuzzi.

Its fun to do different things then just buy jewlery.....goood luck

12. Project X

Project X New Member

ive done other stuff too.. i got her a day at the massage package for her and her mom for vday last year..

13. Project X

Project X New Member

fyi.. i dont just by her jewelry.. ive gotten her gift cards hidden in a coach wallet, purses, just some jewelry on anniversaries or bdays but like i said ive been with her for 3 years so obviously i have had opportunities to buy her presents for bdays, anniversaries, vdays etc...

14. Project X

Project X New Member

thanks.. we are already planning a mini trip for our anniversary.. im takin her to a nice dinner - somewhere shes never been to and really watned to go..

15. Project X

Project X New Member

i think clotes or something along those lines would be a good choice.. i dont know exactly what type of item to get her.. i mean i dont want to get her jeans or a shirt.. doesnt seem like a bday type gift.. a purse or something would.. what about a visa gift card? and somehow being creative in the way i give it to her..

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

1. You should learn to quote multiple times in one post
    2. :barf: Why all the material gifts? Coach purses? Visa gift cards? I guess she's that girl....It sounds like you've gotten her most typical gifts by this point so :dunno: maybe jewelry is your answer.