Need some help

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Azazel28, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Azazel28

Azazel28 New Member

I have been finally feed up with my 2002 Mit. Lancer. I love the car, it's fun to drive, but after 85'000 miles, spending 3'500 dollars in 4 months on repairs (Well if I authorize this last repair) I have finally come to the conclusion I need to get out.

I currently still owe 7’900 dollars on my Lancer, I'm thinking about trading it in…understand the clutch and other mechanisms need to be fixed (about 1200 dollars worth of repairs). My friend works at a Dodge dealer and I have thinking about getting a Dodge Caliber, quite different from my little import. He will give me 4300 dollars for it, KBB rates my car around 4’700, but because of the repairs he did his best to keep the trade in price close to that.

I am asking OT, what in there situation would they do, since I’m still upside down on my car and have 19 months to pay it off. I really do not want to gamble again and have it break down another 3 or 4 months down the road.

Car suggestions, and other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  2. DeeRock

DeeRock New Member

If you are concerned about reliability, then you should not be considering a Chrysler product.