SRS need some help

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Apr 24, 2005.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

i'm 16, never had a girlfriend in my life. Lots of girls know me and talk to me, but throughout my life i've never been able to ask any of them out for a date. it's not fear or rejections. i don't know what it's a fear of, but i just can't do it. Girls have told me that they think i'm hot or whatever, but i cant find the courage. It's like i wouldn't even know what to do or say if we went on a date. it's not a life threatening problem, but it scares me because i don't want to live my life in regret. can anyone help me, give me pointers, or anything that would lead me in the right directions. it would be really appreciated. thanks

2. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

oh yeah, and right now i'm terribly in love with this girl, i can not stop thinking about her and it makes me soooo happy just thinking of her. the problem is that her friends are different than mine. she doesn't drink or smoke. i do. It's like we have nothing in common, but i really want to get to know her.

3. Larry David Jr.

Larry David Jr. &autoplay=1 OT Supporter

Good luck aye.

4. w00tpoint

w00tpoint New Member

confidence is everything. even if you are secretly pissing yourself, if you act like you know what you are doing and you have every right to be telling this chick to go out with you, you will 9 times out of 10 get exactly what you want. Be polite/friendly, but not to the extent of the "friend" trap.
    I didn't realize this until I started drinking a lot... and I got way more chicks, some drunk some not.
    Just go balls to the wall and say exactly what you want to say. If you get shot down, do it again tomorrow.
    Confidence!

5. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Drinking and smoking is usually not something a girl would want to have in common with you.

6. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I suggest you start learning about dating now. I think you do have some fears of rejection, but most of us do, it's natural. Dating is simply socializing with a little bit different rules, in a different context. The more you do it, the easier it will become and the more natural it will seem.

Practice with something small, try coffee. It may also be easier to first try with a girl you don't find incredibly attractive, as you might be less nervous. Then progress onto something like lunch, then maybe dinner & a movie or whatever people do for nighttime dating. Don't try that girl that you're "terribly in love with," right away, because your expectations of the date will be too high. Just muster up some courage and ask some girl to coffee, update us on what happens.

7. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

i figured girls out a long time ago, i'll tell you what you do.

i'm being completley serious about this - i know it sounds crazy but i swear it will do a LOT for you.

pick out a girl that you think is "out of your leauge" go up and hit on her. just be retarted and say the first thing that comes to you mind. my friends and i used to do it and laugh when we got turned down. i'll tell you why it helps - if you go into the situation with an open mind - and you accept rejection when it comes your way, eventually you will become numb to the "fear" that occurs before your encounter.

8. johan

johan Active Member

That's a pretty good method.

Helps you lose the fear and realize, no, the world doesn't end just because a girl said 'no'. Big deal. There are billions of em on the planet.

9. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

yep, if they shrug you off... just laugh. because it wasnt meant to be anyway.

:love:

10. maygen mo

maygen mo New Member

you're 16. you have plenty of time to find someone who has things in common with you. but i agree..confidence is everything

11. Larry David Jr.

no confidence leaves you looking like to next to nothing. :rl:

12. teo

teo . => ? => !

Holy old thread batman! I'd hope the OP asked the girl out by now...

13. Larry David Jr.

IB he didn't aye.

But who knows. Maybe God did it.

14. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

:uh: old thread bumping,

fat chance that guy is still around, 52 posts since December 2004.

He'd be like 18 when he got a reply :mamoru:

Anyway people stop opening up zombie threads :dunno: unless you really need too ok, i had a laugh tho. :)