Need some help with winmx

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by fst89lx, Oct 1, 2003.

1. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I have cable internet and a dlink di604 router. When I choose primary connection in winmx it will not perform searches, I have had it searching for like 20minutes now and it won't find anything, now if I choose secondary connection then it will find files no prob, but the dl speeds are slow like less than 10k/sec.

Now I am thinking it is the router causing this because before I installed the router, I connected with the primary option and downloaded at 35k+/sec but like I said, now that the router is connected, primary "doesn't work"

Anyone know how I can fix this? besides not using the router.

2. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

I surely hope you're downloading royalty free music!

1. Make sure you have the latest version of WinMX installed. Older versions will not connect to the WinMX server.

2. Make sure you have the port open on your router. Go to your router settings and forward TCP 6699 and UDP 6257 to the IP of your machine.

Remember that your ISP may have blocked WinMX ports as well.

3. fst89lx

fst89lx Member

I wouldn't download any other type :)
    I have 3.31, and I just did the router thing and it still is not working. I can download on secondary connection and I am almost sure if I disconnect the router and directly connect the cable modem to my PC I would be able to use the primary connection (because I did before I hooked up the router)

Any more help is appreciated, I can't screw with it now because I have to go to work :mad: but when I get home I will.