A&P Need some help with olympus D-490...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by PoorBoy, Jan 9, 2003.

1. PoorBoy

PoorBoy Guest

I bought this digi. cam like 2 years ago and was pleased for the most part.I bought 2 memory cards that are floppy and they both are damanged.I guess I left them in the camera.Would that ruin them?

Anyways I went and bought a new memory card its a SmartmediaPNY.The guy at Bestbuy told me it just like the Smartmedia memory cards just cheaper.Its a 128 MB.

Heres the problem.I take a picture, close the lense, look at the picture in the view box and its there.Ok so I take the memory card out of the camera and put it the usb port reader and it does a couple of things.Sometimes it will blink like its supposed to and Ill click on the E: drive and it shows no pics.Or sometimes it will light up and stay lit and the PC starts to mess up and I have to restart the PC.Then sometimes it will just not blink at all and it says the E: drive is not ready.

I never had a problem like this before with the regular memory card.

Anybody know?Or something I should check for?

Ive made sure the connection is there and snug.Nothing is damanged or anything its just goofing off.

Sorry if that was confusing its late.

2. Laser Red

Laser Red Guest

I think the camera does not support that big of a memory card size. I had a D400 a while back, and if I remember right, the highest card it could use was a 64mb.

Check the manual to see if thats the problem..
  3. RedDemonSA

RedDemonSA Guest

if thats the case, sell me your card cheap :o