Need some help with my routine..not sure what I am doing wrong

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Tehrod, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tehrod

Tehrod New Member

Alright so check this... I am pretty familiar with weight loss in fact i am a former fat person so I totally know how to work with my metabolism...actually I used to think that because now a days I actually don't really know what I am doing wrong.

I went from 220 to 180 by doing intense cardio 3 miles a day 4-5 days a week, and minimal weights and machines. Usually I got a lot of my muscle mass from free weights but I really focused on doing things like ab workouts, push ups, and other forms of stretches usually in line with yoga or resistance stretching.

Now I did way good, actually up till january I was in perfect shape.

5'8 155lbs nice and lean you could see my penis pointers and a six pack showing up. Anyway I got a DUI got depressed and ate a lot didnt work out all sorts of shit, and I got up to 170 in the span of a couple months. Now I'm trying to get back to my old weight but I can't get anything lower than 165...I keep blaming my diet but I was eating a hell of a lotmore when I was 155lbs.

Anyway, any recommendations or something?I heard it was this thing called Cardiooverkill where the cardio doesn't do anything for you, I am a strong runner so I kind of think this might be to blame....any ideas though?

and in advance:bowdown::bowdown:

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

post up your current diet

3. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

cant help if you dont post routine and diet brah

4. Tehrod

Tehrod New Member

oh for sure...

It's not permenant it fluctuates depending on whats in the fridge but my breakfast is usually a side of toast with peanut butter and banana slices on it, some peanuts and usually a tall glass of water. This I actually do consistently.

Lunch usually a meat sandwichusing whole grain wheat, humus for spread, and some greens of lettuce and tomato....not usually very varied either unless its a weekend lunch. Dinner though can be anything from a cheeseburger from in and out, to something like grilled chicken. Usually though I don't let my intake surpass 1800 calories but here is what I think might kill me...

Drinks. I'll drink one of those huge apple containers randomly, probably somewhere around 7-8 beers a week at nights. I don't drink too much though.

Sounds like the diet should be working. :eek3:

5. Tehrod

Tehrod New Member

My actual routine is 11:00pm to 12:30 Mon-tues-thursday-sat

3 miles in 20-25 minutes with alternating incline always past 2.00 but depending on mood.
    Followed by 1 mile on stairmaster @ 9-10 speed.

Then I do bench @ 195 x2 sets 3 reps
    freeweights for 15 minutes
    dips

then resistence stretching, yoga, and push ups, sit ups, leg lifts intensely for about 30 minutes

and that usually does it.

6. reminisce

reminisce OT Supporter

you're right the drinks do kill you. those huge apple juice bottles you drink have over 200 grams of sugar which is >800 calories. that's terrible for you to consume at nighttime.

beer in moderation isn't bad but this is all about how bad you want your goal.. alcohol is going to hinder your gains in all respects so if you wanna drink then drink but don't bitch that you can't lose weight.

your diet isn't great overall either. check the stickies, specifically the "for those who want to be a bodybuilder or look like one", that one has a great routine and diet in there. you might not need that routine, but the diet would work for you.

your workout routine sucks too. i can see if you don't want to get huge so you don't think you need a bodybuilding routine but if you are incorporating resistance at all you need to diversify your lifts... 6 reps of bench, dips, then pushups you are working chest and tris and thats it . if you do a 3 days split incorporating heavy compound lifts you will get a much better and effective workout than that shit you are doing now. by compound lifts i mean something similiar to this routine:

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

7. Tehrod

Tehrod New Member

:bowdown::bowdown:

yeah not trying to get huge, but i do feel like i am limiting myself on a lot of aspects...

but COME ON I used to be FAT i am LAZYYYYY

and damn, i seriously have not even looked at how much is in those juice things...i just know they are killing me.

thanks again brah, i'm going to read those stickies and see whats up.

any other help, will of course, be appreciated.

8. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

Fix your diet... stick with it for a year. Enjoy the results.

9. Adom

Adom OT Supporter

sounds like a long time. but fuck, does time go fast. :(

10. Ish

Ish New Member

don't you plan on making lifting weights and eating right a lifestyle for the rest of your life?

a year isnt a long time man

11. Tehrod

Tehrod New Member

righht?? I've been doing what I am doing right now for about 3 years now back then I was at 220...i know I need to readjust my life now that my body is more used to being at my weight...so I guess fuuuuuck....no more juices then riiight?

So one last question then:

how do you guys curb your cravings??

12. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

by eating a metric fuckton of carbs every 3 days, and eating fruit throughout the day on other days to manage my insulin levels

also:

you're only eating protein one meal a day, according to your description.

Up that shit.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  13. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

The protein observation was my biggest thing. It makes a difference. Really. 150g of protein a day.

14. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

by eating

If you are eating super clean, you'll probably find that eating will be a chore. If you eat like a 13 year old girl, then yes you will be hungry all the time. Protein lasts a lot longer than apple juice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.