TAT Need some help with my cartilage piercing

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by alliecat, Jan 16, 2004.

1. alliecat

alliecat Guest

After much frustration I figured I'd ask on here for a few words of wisdom as to why my piercing is all of a sudden doing this.

I've had my cartilage pierced for over 2 years now and it's been swollen a few times in the past but it's NEVER been like this before. This morning I woke up with my piercing hurting like hell and throbbing so I took the hoop out (which I've been wearing for over 3 months without any problems) and left it out all evening while I was at work. This evening I got home and a tiny "bubble" had formed on the backside of the piercing. :eek3: I BARELY squeezed it and TONS of yellow stuff (puss I assume) came out and then it began to bleed like crazy. Should I try to put an earring back in to act as a drain? or should I leave it alone for another day or so without an earring to heal?

Why the hell would it be doing this? I don't remember hitting it against anything or it being pulled at all in the last week or more. :squint:

So yeah... any help is greatly appreciated. :bigthumb:

2. mymilkexpired

mymilkexpired New Member

if it was yellow it may not be puss. You could have had a big pimple from dirt/makeup/hair spray etc being rubbed into the edge of the piercing. I would give the sheets a good washing and soak your jewelery in some antibacteria solution and put the ring back in or possibly go to a differnt style of jewelery that doesnt pull the piercing around as much during sleep, maybe a small barbell.

Just my thoughts.

3. Yellow almost always means puss. If it is clear it is ok but yellow is not good. Perhaps like RedJuice said that you had a pimple (or infected pore. If it doesn't heal up in a day or two and stop hurting I would go to the doctor and see what he thinks.

4. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

cartilage sucks ass.. could just be acting up or something, hart to tell without seeing it

5. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

One of my orbitals (cartilage) did that a few times recently. I've had them for 4 years now. I just let it rest over night (I wore the CBR during the day) and it was fine. Good luck.

6. HonkyBean

HonkyBean Guest

yeah put the earing back in...you don't want the "hole" closing with an infection if any on the inside....make sure to clean it good and once you see that it seems "clean" take the earing out if you no longer want it...

7. mymilkexpired

mymilkexpired New Member

something else that came to me; if it is infected take a look at your cell phone. You could be rubbing crud into your piercing via the phone...

best of luck :)

8. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

The most common mistake with an infection is to remove the jewelry. Doing this will trap the infection inside, changing it from a local surface infection to a generalized body infection. If you leave the jewelry in, you have an exit in which to draw out the infection.

If possible, see your original piercer and ask his/her advice. Most places would do that for free. (Ive never heard of one that didnt) Your doctor is a good second option, but keep in mind that he or she might not be as sympathetic or understanding of your feelings regarding your piercing. If you want to keep it, talk to an experienced peircer about it and let them see it. Chances are its an easy fix. And what RED JUICE said is an excellent idea...your phone or anything else that sits against the side of your face just might be a great place to start!

GOOD LUCK!

9. -X-

-X- New Member

These guys are spot on. One of my piercings was acting up like that a while back, and I made the mistake of taking out the hoop to let it heal up. All that did was cause the skin to grow over the openings (been pierced for 2 years) and trap the infection in there. I ended up pushing the hoop back through the skin a day or two later, which hurt pretty bad, but it ended up clearing up the problem.

10. alliecat

alliecat Guest

thanks everyone :bigthumb:

After I made that post I found another hoop and after a few tries (and almost throwing up from the pain the first time I tried) I finally got it back in there. :hs: The thing was pretty tender if I bumped it against something or accidentally touched it but after a day or so of this, it seems perfectly normal again. Yay.

I'm going to get my lip pierced in a few days... and I'll probably have a shit fit out of it too, but oh well. :yum:

11. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

You most likely slept on it and you got some kind of zit formed there. I know my outer cartilage piercing gives me shit all the time when i sleep on it or wear a knit hat.