Need some help with amp/subs?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SixFour, Sep 2, 2007.

1. SixFour

SixFour Get on your knees and smile like a doughnut! OT Supporter

I bought a 300C yesterday and today I installed some subs and an amp. I'm keeping the factory head unit so all of my steering wheel and nav controls function without buying a new harness or building one. I read on the 300c forum that you could put a line converter on the 7" sub wires, and chrysler was even nice enough to leave the two spliced wires (including connector) hanging out of the harness.

So I installed the line converter that converts to rca, the rca cables plug into my amp. Amp is grounded on the frame (with the battery ground) direct power from the battery and my remote wire is on the fuse block so that it is only supplied power when the ignition is on. I know the amp and subs are good, I just took them out of my other car and everything is hooked up correctly but when i turn the car on the subs just let out a steady medium thump not in line with the beat of the song playing. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Cliffs: installed subs/amp but they only let out a steady thump, (maybe electrical problem?)

2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

from my expirence 9 times out 10, motorboating means a bad ground... what loc did you use???

3. SixFour

Stinger SLOC 2 channel - fixed - 12 watts per channel.

4. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

stingers suck, i perfer pac... might recheck all your contections first, but i think it may be the loc.

5. SixFour

I just rechecked all of my connections while waiting for a reply, everything seems good. Guess I'll just take it to a local audio shop and let them have a look. Thanks for the help.