Need some help with a stupid idea.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Synner, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Synner

Synner New Member

So far, I've gotten everything Vista-related that I've found running on my XP system. The full Aero theme, the sidebar, the logon screen, the boot screen....pretty much everything except the IE7 beta and the new checkbox system I've heard they're using for multiple file selection.

So basically, I've got a Vista/Longhorn XP clone. Except one thing. A group of my friends and I all have the build number shown on the desktop, and it's the dead giveaway that I'm not using the actual beta, just a theme pack and a few extras.

Does anybody have any idea how to edit the build number information so it'll show Vista's build number on the desktop?

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

The build numbers change on a daily basis. They start at 0 the first time a program is compiled, and they go up from there. Whatever build number you think Vista has, it's probably jumped up by a couple dozen at least by now. Just turn the build number off and stop caring what your geek friends think of your Windows Vista "bodykit".

3. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

why not just signup in the MSDN and get a copy that way instead of trying to be a wanna be?