Need some help with a serious scuff mark *PICS*

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Skizza20, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Skizza20

Skizza20 Robster craws? What the f*(& are robster craws?!?

This is my first post in this forum, and I figure you guys would have some answers to point me in the right direction. I read through as much as I could before I posted, but this is a little tricky. I just bought a car and the previous owner had a deflector in front of the sunroof. I bought the car without the deflector, and when it was taken off there was a hell of a scuff mark left behind. It's not a real scratch because it doesn't go THROUGH most of the paint, but it's worn pretty bad. Short of a new paint job, is there anything I can do to lessen the effect of this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On another (less extreme) note, I've been looking closely at my paint in other areas and while it looks great on first glance, I see some swirls in a few places. What's the best start to cleaning all of that up? Thanks guys.

By the way, I know the car is dirty as hell when I took the pics. I just got the cam and ran out to the parking lot to take them while I was at work :fawk:

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Apparently you didn't read through as much as you thought, there's a swirl removal sticky at the top of the forum.

As far as the scratch, I would try some DAC/P, if that doesn't help, not much will short of a repaint.

3. Skizza20

No, I read it. I was just looking for more info since I'm such a newbie to all of this. I guess the sticky covers most of the swirl removal though. How about that other scuff? Any suggestions on that. I don't think that qualifies as a swirl :fawk: Does that look like something I should be able to get out or will I need a new paint job?

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

It is hard to say without seeing it in person, but if you can feel the scuff with your fingernail that is it indented into the paint, it won't polish out. If it is paint or material from some other vehicle that is on your paint (meaning it is higher than the surrounding paint), you should be able to polish it off.

5. flip2jetta

flip2jetta Guest

as the forum title states "That'll Buff Right Out!" :big grin:

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You just can't read, can you?

7. sony

sony Active Member

Those look like some scratches I have on my car. I don't believe they'll buff out. Sorry.

8. shanker

shanker unemployed

Try hitting it with some 1500grit paper, then 2000 and machine buffing....as long as you dont burn thru the clear, you cant ruin it... (well, yeah you can, you can seriously fuck the paint job up if you dont know what you are doing.)

9. Skizza20

:jerkit: Yeah, I just read the first part of the post and replied too quick. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the other replies, everyone.

10. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

machine compound

11. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

No problem! :bigthumb: