GUN Need some help with a paper v guns

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TwistedMind, Apr 10, 2009.

1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

I am having trouble finding a source.

i read somewhere a saying that goes something like ; Educating our children about firearms is far safer than hiding, demonizing or hoping they remain ignorant of them.

I need it for a paper im writting and im having piss all luck finding it again. I'm hoping it was from the NRA or other such organization and not something i read in WMD.

Anyone know of this or where I might find such a quote from a credible, citable source?

Thanks in advance.

2. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Um probably not exactly what you're looking for but this came up w/ a quick database search on my school's library website

Guns, sex and education: we teach kids about sex. We should teach them about guns too
    O'Meara, Jamie. Saturday Night. Toronto: May 20, 2000. Vol. 115, Iss. 4; pg. 18

3. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

4. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

good articles but I really can't use the second one. It seems to be advocating firearms ownership which I totally agree with. However, I am trying to explain that teaching kids about guns keeps them from doing stupid shit like stealing one from dad or brother and running off to shoot pop bottles behind the walmart parking lot.

Maybe I can work something in from the first.

This whole things about a short atory titled "Gun Crazy" writen by Dorothy Allison. In one of the scenes her charecter runs off with her friend to shoot a gun behind the local mental hospital. Neither of the girls shooting have any experiance with firearms what so ever and the point im trying to make is

1) they probably wouldn't be doing that if they were educated
    2) if the main charecter Allison hadnt been told guns aren't for girls go play with your dolls by her family, and instead educated on safely handeling firearms. She probably would have declined to go sneak off and shoot, and if she didn't outright deline the invitation they would have informed some one where they were going, wha they were doing ec etc etc.

I really got fucked when the teacher assigned me this story. I would have much rather wrote about Young Goodman Brown by hawthorn ......

5. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

That article is on corneredcat.com