need some help staying focused...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by gourmizz, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

i have everything available to me in my house, smith machine, dumbells, lots of weight, all the supplements i need, and the desire to become defined. I admire (no homo) big muscles and i know that i could achieve that, the only problem i have is that i get distracted, and i cant stay focused. I'll go on stints of lifting every monday, weds, and friday of the week for about 3 weeks, and then i'll gradually loose focus of my goal and just decide not to lift one monday, then that carries over to not wanting to weds, and so on.

how do you guys stay focused? I really would like to be able to, but for some reason i just cant seem to, dont know what it is, but i want to start as soon as possible and stay on that path

2. jonno

jonno New Member

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

i look in the mirror and look at my numbers... then look at the numbers of guys who weigh as much as me or less but are shorter and think "FUCK THAT" when i see they're twice as strong as me.. gets me pumped, plus I see a difference between 3-4 weeks and the change fuels me to keep going... but I've only been hitting it consistently for 4 months now so ask someone else.

Oh, also... It feels fucking great to work out and extremely great afterwards.

4. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

It's a drive that comes from the inside. You have to want the results bad enough that you lift on the shitty days where you don't want to lift at all.

If you miss one day, it's a crack in the foundation and will just lead to failure. Only miss in an extreme circumstance. I've turned down dates for the gym recently. Am I crazy? Yes. Am I still working out? Yes.

5. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

whenever i notice that my strength has dropped, that always gets me pumped and gets me back into lifting, the problem is, is that i dont lift long enough at a time to see any really noticable results, or that would definately keep me going

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

fuck yeah...

Personally making the sacrifices in my social life or whatever else in order to get to the gym isn't a problem at all... The real problem is getting onto a regular sleep schedule, which is something I still haven't done.

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

well stop being weak and giving up andit won't be a problem.... I see results in 4-5 weeks, which is how long you said you usually last before giving up. Check your diet? :dunno:

8. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

be careful... the smith machine will get you fucking huge

9. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

i see minor results, and thats enough to get me pumped to keep going, but for some reason, and i dont know why, i haven't bneen able to keep going, but im making a promise to myself to not stop this time

10. Plan B

Plan B New Member

I'd kill to have all that available in my home, it'd make my life so much easier.

That alone would keep me focused.

11. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

not gonna work bro.. you really have to want it.. I was like you until I realized that I really wanted to make a change.. then I stopped going to the gym for 3-4 months at a time, missing weeks here and there...

Haven't missed a workout in 4 months and I don't plan on missing any, except for the eventual deload i'll take at some point. I took a week off when my knees/hips were shitty from improper squatting and I felt guilty and shitty every day that I wasn't in the gym.

12. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

I'd say you should give up and find something else to do. This isn't for you.

13. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

what's with all the hate?

14. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

I agree

15. Perkwunos

No hate, you are not meant to lift, youy are lazy and unmotivated don't waste our time or youyr time!

16. Damnation

Damnation OT Supporter

you're not gonna gain 25lbs of muscle over night. make a goal and keep your eye on it.
    if you have any intention in competing in a sport, that's even better. but if you're going for "look-good", just keep your eye on the prize.

17. Damnation

Damnation OT Supporter

:rofl:

i'm sorry, but everytime i see you make a spelling error, i think gt or chris saying something about having fat fingers and needing a better keyboard ahahhaha

18. Perkwunos

I usually spellcheck, but I am at my parents house :(

19. meervincent

meervincent New Member

look man, no ones really hating on you. the problem with this thread is thats people like you are a dime a dozen. lots of potential and everything you need to make it happen. but just like the rest you give up on a whim, if you wanna build, eat big and lift big plain and simple. man up, look youself in the eyes and tell yourself you want it.

20. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

alright... im really gonna make this a very high priority in my life.. .anyone have a good plan to start out with?

i know a lot about lifting already, and i could probably come up with my own plan, but i know their are better that have worked for others

21. meervincent

meervincent New Member

well you could always thry the stickies o_O

22. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

check the stickied thread by purevil

23. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

just looked at it, about to do legs now, thanks guys

24. gourmizz

gourmizz New Member

i'll be sure to post pics along the way to make sure i stay motivated

25. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Start a training log and make sure you fill it out. When you can look back on pages and pages of progress, it really helps you drag yourself to the gym on days you don't want to go. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.