COMIC Need some help identifying a book. (or two)

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Macgyver, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Macgyver

Macgyver Deep beneath the rolling waves...

My buddy was telling me about a comic that had the x-men on vacation in australia, and some aliens or whatever showed up to take over earth. Havok, Wolverine and Cyclops were all getting drunk at a bar, and the girls were shopping. The humans are fighting to no avail when drunk Havok shows up and starts taking out ships. The aliens or whatever, realize they're trying to attack the planet that defeated Galactus, and is the adopted home of the Phoenix and start shitting themselves.

Any idea which book this is? I tried searching, couldn't find it..

2. axio

axio New Member

Sounds like something you'd read in a Deadpool issue.

3. bigolbig

bigolbig New Member

from the wiki:

Following the 1987 "Fall of the Mutants" crossover, in which the X-Men died and were reborn fighting a demon called the Adversary in Dallas, the team briefly relocated to an abandoned outpost in Australia. The Australian period saw the introduction of the Reavers, a band of cyborg mercenaries, and the crossover "Inferno", which revealed that Madelyne Pryor was actually a clone of Jean Grey created by Mister Sinister. The X-Men and X-Factor battled Pryor, who was now the insane Goblin Queen, and the demons she had allied herself with. One of the high points of the story was the reunion of X-Factor and the X-Men; X-Factor had no idea the others were really alive, and the X-Men had assumed Jean Grey was still dead. The Australian sojourn finally ended with Storm and Rogue presumed dead and most of the others, despondent, choosing to enter the Siege Perilous, a crystal which determined their individual fates.

1st appearance of the Reavers is apparently Uncanny X-men #229

:dunno: