Need some help for my car windows

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by YoungWun, Jul 2, 2006.

1. YoungWun

YoungWun Rubix Cube

I was wondering if you guys could help me on a slight problem I had while cleaning my car?

I was cleaning my car in the sun today and I guess I left the soap on too long on my windows that it left soap residue all over. I did not think it would be a problem at all because I could just clean my windows last and it will come off.

Well it refuses too come off with everything I have tried and now I have soap residue all over my windows that is impossible to get off. I even tried scubbing with brillow pads. To top it off the windows are kinda sticky, its real tough too glide your hand across without burning.

Please if you guys could help me in any way possible it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the time.

2. Ridley

Ridley New Member

Try cleaning with a solution of vinegar and water 1:1.

3. YoungWun

YoungWun Rubix Cube

thanks ill try that

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

A razor blade (make sure it is clean and has no burrs) will also clean off residue from glass. 0000 steel wool and a cleanser like Soft Scrub also works well.

5. Phishy4

Phishy4 New Member

If the vinegar doesn't work, you can also use a clay bar and quick detailer on your windows. I'm not sure if it will help you, but I've had it work for me a couple times I didn't expect it to. I would think that the vinegar would work though.

6. YoungWun

YoungWun Rubix Cube

thanks for the help guys

7. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

Great question YoungWun, thanks for asking it!

I have a similar problem (very hard water spots) on my new Expidition and will try these solutions and report back.

I've already used a clay bar and Meg #7 to no avail. I'll try the razorblade and vinegar/water solution next.

Thanks!