need some help coding java!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by maxgohan, Jun 13, 2005.

1. maxgohan

maxgohan OT Supporter

hey guys i have a java class in a senior high school computers class and as our final project we have to code a game...
    im not very good with java as i wasnt introduced to it in my old school before i switched over to my new school...sooo if someone can help me it woudl be GREATLY appreciated :big grin::big grin:

well my game that i want to code is the card game WAR...you remember the game where the deck is split into halves and each player draws a card...highest card is the winner...if the same number card is drawn then 3 cards are put down and 1 is selected and the higher one takes all 8 cards on the table...you have to get the most cards to win...

well if anyone can help then i would love you forever because this is worth alot :big grin::big grin:

2. aphoric

aphoric Even if god did exist, it would be necessary to ab

3. Corp

Corp OT Supporter

need to ask specific questions before anyone will help you.

4. Up All Night

Up All Night I might sleep all day

Thats incredibly simple. Just made an array Deck that holds card objects. Each card should hold return an int value of 2-14. Shuffle the deck, then have for statements to deal cards to the two players (put them in an arraylist) Then just have if statements

if (player1hand.get(num).getValue() > player2hand.get(num).getValue())
    {
    playerhand.add(playerhand2.get(num))
    player2hand.remove(num)
    }
    and so on
    just put that in a for statement, have num increment each time or something. Then you just need if statements for if the same card is the same