SRS Need some help asap

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by chucklenut, Oct 29, 2006.

1. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

im hurt, confused, more fucking pissed off than i can remember right now

for 4 years my fucking sister fucked up my fucking life, she got me into drugs and treated me like shit afterwards, and had her fucking dealer boyfreind come and beat my ass until she finally went to jail for it

for 2 years now ive been free of her

but guess what? my dad calls from tuscon, telling me hes fucking PICKING HER UP FROM THE PLACE AND BRINGING HER HOME. she is going to live iwth us for a fucking year now, i dont even know what to fucxking think

they know how i feel about her, and she knows how i feel about her, and they ARE STILL FUCKING BRINGING HER HOME

can i move out at the age of 16? or do i have to do some legal shit first?

in the meantime, please, ANYONE with any advice or direction post, i fucking need it

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I know you're angry and upset, but going to your parents and saying you're angry and upset won't do anything. Take some time to calm down, thenm talk to your parents and explain your exact problems with her, try to work out something you can all do to help you deal with this.

Also, it's possible that your sister may have changed and moved beyond her bad habits. Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. Work with you parents to come up with a plan (such as having her drug using bf not being allowed at the house, curfew, etc) to make sure the past incidents aren't repeated.

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

She got you in to drugs? Learn to say no. You're a big boy now, nobody can force you to do anything.

4. .Spect

.Spect New Member

Can't agree more with that. I'd just stay the hell away from her.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Definitly go into No Contact with her. Wherever she is, you are not, if she is downstairs your upstairs and vice versa, if you see that she comes to you, you close the door, get a lock on it, refuse to talk to her, and push her out of your life. Go to the library if there's no place, study work on your future. Anything is better then allowing her to bring your life down to the shitter again. She has nothing positive for you to offer , no matter how 'good' she may sound tis all fake and pretend, you cannot trust her.

6. teo

teo . => ? => !

If she went to jail for it and has done her allotted time, there is probably nothing you can do from a legal perspective to keep her out of your house. Your parents are no doubt between a rock and a hard place - obviously she hurt you, but they probably want to help her rehabilitate (or hopefully continue to) but they can't do that if she's not home with them.

What charges was she convicted on, and how old is she now? Was the dealer-BF also tried and convicted on related charges?

7. teo

teo . => ? => !

I also don't know that it's worth cutting her out of your life without letting her make amends. Sure, she could be the worst she's been yet, but she could also have spent the time trying to heal. For all you know, her previous actions could have been fuelled by drugs or by abuse from her BF (ie. he abused her emotionally/verbally/physically and her personality changed because of it). Now, this isn't to say that the past should be forgotten or that what she did was acceptable - not at all. However, if she's trying to heal, you can be an integral part of that healing process and form a stronger bond with her through it. Of course for any apologies she may try to make you can also choose to accept them or not - it'll always be your choice to forgive her (or not). Giving her a chance to rebuild a relationship with you might give some meaning to her life. Doors can always be closed later. Finding open ones is the hard part.

8. johan

johan Active Member

So your dad is bringing his daughter home. You have a problem with that?
    Are you suggesting that YOU decide what goes down in your dad's home?

Here's a thought, you can move out whenever you like. Set up your own home. Then you get to call the shots under that roof.

..... or how about this?
    No one could have MADE you do drugs, that's something you chose.

How about you man up and try and get along with your sister. So what if she's living in the same house, she has just as much right as you do.

If you don't like it, feel free to pack a bag and leave. No "legal shit" as you put it, required.