GUN need some help, anyone have AK diagrams?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by copperhead035, Dec 23, 2005.

1. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

I'm trying to assemble an AK kit for an Army friend of mine for Christmas, and of course this is coming down to the last minute. Does anyone have diagrams or large pictures that explain how to put the trigger parts together, and how everything fits into the receiver? If it helps, I'm using a Tapco flat, trigger disconnector and hammer, and a Romanian parts kit from AIM.

2. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

3. Michael Westen

Michael Westen OT Supporter

ahhh, assembly, I was wondering, because if you had an AK, and it was assembled, there should be no reason to take it apart :o

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

check Krott's link out should be a sticky over there in the building forum with pics and diagrams

5. striker754

striker754 Chillin

wait wait wait. You dont know how the trigger goes together and you are attempting to assemble from a flat?

6. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

I've got part of it together. I've got a friend helping me along that works with metal for a living, but we just need to figure out how everything fits together.

Krott, thanks for the link.

7. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Well cool.

Hope you have jigs and all the tools though. ARe you riveting it or screw build?

8. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

We've already got the flats bent up. My friend is in a sheetmetal union, so he just took them to work and tossed them on the brake press. We are planning on riveting, I ordered the Tapco kit and he said he can make something to put the rivets in. We're just having trouble figuring out how to position the rails, how much trimming needs done off the top of the receiver to clear the trunnions and the slide, and how all of the trigger components go together. I'm using a double hook trigger from Tapco.