SRS Need some help/advice

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Seiki, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Seiki

Seiki New Member

Let me see if I can explain the situation here...
    I'm 22... and I still live at home. I'm currently not working either.. actually sad to say I never had a job.

Here's where the problem comes into play... You see, my family is very, very controlling and abusive towards me. Verbally and physically.
    This isn't something new, it's been like this since I was little...

Sat night, I was beaten up... badly.
    I was told that I should of called the cops but you see that's where the other problem lies too.
    According to this state's law, if my mom was arrested, she would lose her job/her career all together, which means, there goes the roof over my head - not just for me but for everyone else here. Knowing this, is the reason why I couldn't do anything about it...

My long distance-friend said I should of called the cops, and as many times as I tried to tell him the reason why I cant, the more we ended up arguing.. (as of right now, he's currently mad at me and doesn't want me to talk with him...) (out of all times/days.. that had to happen ~_~)

If I leave from here and move out, my family will not have any contact with me what-so-ever... plus that will leave my younger sister in this house too, not knowing what will happen to her..

Stupid as this sounds, but I care about my family.. I still love them. But I hate how they treat me. I hate their personality towards me. And yet I still care about them... (does that make any sense? am I wrong to do so? -even though they don't deserve it?)

OT, long story short..
    I need to get out of here. But I don't know how too...
    What am I suppose to do here? I need.. help. Anything...

I'm scared... that the one friend, my only friend that I have will always be mad at me too. It sucks not being able to talk to him... it hurts.. badly.

I'm lost, I'm stuck, and I don't know what to do.

2. PcH

PcH Guest

You shouldn't have to deal with being physically abused by your family, EVER. No matter what happens they'll always be "family" :hs:. Assuming you have talked to them/told them to stop, I would call police or somebody if it happens again.

It doesn't matter what age you are, start looking for a job. Get that job, save up, and move out.

3. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

here is a thought, why not start taking care of yourself? You allow this treatment to continue? You're a grown man, start acting like it.

4. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

from past experience, it wont matter so dont use it for a reason not to leave. maybe it will save you some trouble

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  5. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

if your mother was as concerned about keeping her career and house as you are, perhaps she wouldnt be beating her kids. Teach her a real life lesson. Call the cops next time she does. Its gonna be a big change in your life as chances are if its bad enough you may be placed in a foster home, but it will ensure you are never physically or verbally abused again.

6. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

start by getting a job

7. 7960

7960 New Member

start with "If you touch me I'm calling the police, you'll be arrested, and we both know that means you lose your job."

you need to get out from under that roof anyway, so best case she stops hitting you and eventually you move out on your own (soon), or worst case, she hits you and gets arrested and loses the house and you move out on your own (sooner).

8. runawaycamel

runawaycamel New Member

Why haven't you had a job after 22 years? The longer you wait the harder it'll be to find a place to hire you.